Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: no power enrichment on '06 trucks ??

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by tblu92
    Yes I use the exact same method to enable PE---I don't know If it is a problem because I'm still using V1 with the older update of Dec. 15th,2006.
    I just recently downloaded the new version 7.42 of march 15th but have yet to try it on another '06-----ANYONE ????? Anybody know it my software is or was the problem ??

PS---I have V2 ordered wil be here shortly
    Shouldn't be a problem. I tuned an 06 in March of last year with a much earlier version of the software and it worked just fine.

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by dc_justin
    Shouldn't be a problem. I tuned an 06 in March of last year with a much earlier version of the software and it worked just fine.

Justin
    Well I am lost then as every '06 that i've done is stuck at 14.63 at WOT with oscillating 02 sensor voltages--should mean that it is stuck in closed loop--Each customer would not allow me to put a new bung in so i could throw a wideband on it so I could get a little more information---I guess I will insist on the next one--but I still think the AFR's will be 14.63----1st issue in my 3 years of tuning so far that i haven't been able to resolve and it's driving me nuts !!

I just ran across this exact same thing - did you ever figure it out??

I thought mine was because the owner had converted the truck to a 6 speed and the computer was thinking it was in Park/Neutral. It does the same thing (stock tune in it) - won't go into PE - however, I had a wideband on it, and it was actually way rich. But not commanding PE.

I wanted to flash it to an M6 OS, but so far there are no compatible 6 speed OS's out there that I can find.

Same as you, this one has me stuck!!
    GM EFI Tuner
    02 WS6 9.41 @ 143 MPH 3675#, drag radials, pump gas, through the mufflers - sold

Never did figure it out--But i agree i now think it is going into PE just the scanning data isn't picking up the correct information--BUT what throws me is that the 02 voltages should lock-on around (.890-.940) regardless in open loop-but they continue to oscilate--as if it was in closed loop ???????

Mine was locked in open loop for tuning and the A/F did not drop down rich when I went WOT - it was rich the whole time. Maybe we have 2 different problems?!?
    GM EFI Tuner
    02 WS6 9.41 @ 143 MPH 3675#, drag radials, pump gas, through the mufflers - sold

Yeah--mine seems to be locked in "closed loop" all the time--and doesn't show any enrichment at WOT but stays at 14.68--seat of the pants tells me that it IS in PE because it pulls harder after the tune--I think still it is the reporting from the scan program that is at fault--I've tuned about 30 07's
    and they all act the same way---

?????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12