Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Be gentle with me!

Talking Be gentle with me!

Hi, All!

I am a new ELILive owner (FedEx delivered my FlashScan V2 Scan & Tune a week ago today) and have just gotten my forum account activated (thanks again, Tordne!) I am the proud owner of a 2004 Pontiac GTO (Quicksilver w/ red leather and a 6-speed, FWIW) and an active member over at ls1gto.com. I currently have a set of Pacemaker tri-Y headers w/ cats and a K&N intake (and 275's in back) but more mods are in the near future as the car comes off warranty this month. Next will be WBO2 (very soon!), probably followed by a little "pssst" since it is sort of low-hanging fruit (plus Nitrous Dave makes a sweet little hideaway switch plate for the GTO!)

Anyhow, just wanted to say "Hi!"
    Brian

Brian, welcome to the forum...

Joe

Hey Brian,
    Have you had a chance to check out the tutorials yet? Custom OS #5 works great for the Psst!

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Welcome...

Welcome to the board! I also recommend the tutorials as well as many nights snooping the forum. The support on this site is fantastic!

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Hey Brian,
    Have you had a chance to check out the tutorials yet? Custom OS #5 works great for the Psst!
    I've been looking through the tutorials but haven't spent much time on the custom OSes. Until I get WB, I am doing little but logging, although I have been nudging VE up in accordance with RPM vs MAP LTFT mapping. (Boy! The stock tune was WAY conservative, huh?)

I've also been looking closely at odd bits of KR that I am seeing that I think are spurious - looks like it will pull a small amount of timing if both banks happen to be at a trough in their oscillation when the throttle is stabbed.

I think I am ready to pop in a wideband and get serious!

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
    Welcome to the board! I also recommend the tutorials as well as many nights snooping the forum. The support on this site is fantastic!

Howard
    I've actually been lurking for some time and have been spending far more time on the forum than I care to publicly admit for the last few weeks! I am quite favorably impressed by the level of knowledg and the friendly willingness to help to I saw here. This was, in fact, a significant part of the decision-making process for me in selecting EFILive over its competition! I look forward to learning from the multitude of people here more knowledable than I am, and I hope to be able to contribute in a positive way myself in the not too distant future.

Welcome to the forum. As soon as you're ready, start asking away. As you've noticed, there are a lot of folks here that like to help.

OK, let me ask THIS one, then!

Quote Originally Posted by gto_in_nc
    I've also been looking closely at odd bits of KR that I am seeing that I think are spurious - looks like it will pull a small amount of timing if both banks happen to be at a trough in their oscillation when the throttle is stabbed.
    Am I correct? (Or close?) I'm talking about in closed loop, when the O2s are going "rich-lean-rich-lean", and then I quickly roll in throttle and see a small KR spike. It looks to me like the PCM sees both banks showing low voltage and says "Uh-oh! I'm lean!" and starts to pull timing, only to immediately roll back out of KR...
    Last edited by gto_in_nc; March 2nd, 2007 at 10:48 AM.

this is on an otherwise stock engine/tune?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast