Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive Training Class Schedule

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default EFILive Training Class Schedule

EFI University is proud to present our new EFILive class.

Reserve your seat now at www.efi101.com for one of these locations;

Schenectady, NY Saturday, May 5th

North Richland Hills, TX Saturday, May 12th
    Also, enter this code – 220163264 – when you register online to get $25 off on your registration.

Presenting a course on EFILive’s innovative tuning suite for your late model GM car or truck. The opportunity to help you to fully utilize your software to unleash the potential in your vehicle now exists. From initial installation and registration to taking full advantage of the scan and tune tools many features, this course will cover a wide range of useful functions and features, including:
    • Scanner operation and configuration
    • Creation of custom charts, gauges and data maps
    • Bidirectional controls (CASE Relearn procedure, Idle Air Control, Cylinder Balance)
    • Selecting appropriate PIDs
    • Tune tool operation and configuration
    • Comparing two files
    • Roadrunner operation
    • And much more…
    By partnering with EFILive, EFI University has ensured that you will understand what is needed to scan & tune your GM vehicle. This class is presented in an open forum format where questions are strongly encouraged.
    Each student will receive an EFILive/EFI University textbook to keep for reference when they leave, as well as a certificate of completion of the course to display in their shop at home!

Are there any Classes in Australia? Or are there going to be any in future? Hope so.

and also there is any class on middle east ????

I am "somewhat" familiar with HP Tuners so I'm not completely tuning illiterate. I have EFI Live Scan Tool but not Flash Scan yet. I am strongly considering purchasing so I can tune via EFI Live. How in depth is the text book we receive? I can follow along and understand while the topic is being discussed but remembering everything I just learned is quite a bit more difficult. Hopefully the text book is detailed enough to jog my memory on everything I just learned.

Can I give some constructive criticism? I saw pictures of students sitting in chairs with their notebooks on their laps. That's quite uncomfortable to have to take notes that way all day. Desks or tables should be available. You can get some pretty cheap tables that sit 6 or 8 people per table. Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by PewterZ28; April 18th, 2007 at 01:22 AM.

Intriguing...
    2004 Pontiac GTO - Quicksilver/red/m6
    1-of-344

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    this course will cover a wide range of useful functions and features, including:
    • Scanner operation and configuration
    • Creation of custom charts, gauges and data maps
    • Bidirectional controls (CASE Relearn procedure, Idle Air Control, Cylinder Balance)
    • Selecting appropriate PIDs
    • Tune tool operation and configuration
    • Comparing two files
    • Roadrunner operation
    • And much more…
    Would you mind elaborating on the ‘Much More’?

I have been playing with my V2 for less than a month and the items you have listed were either self explanatory or included in the documentation.

Currently I’m more interested in how the tables affect the operation of the engine and why. Is this in a very detailed level covered in the course?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by jermstyle

I have been playing with my V2 for less than a month and the items you have listed were either self explanatory or included in the documentation.

Currently I’m more interested in how the tables affect the operation of the engine and why. Is this in a very detailed level covered in the course?
    To go into detail around every topic covered would take too long to discuss. The course is a deep dive into the operation of both portions of the software. The latter portion of the course deals with walking through a Gen-III ls1 style tune, discussing a number of tables and how they are related to the operation of the engine. To wrap it up, there will be a live demonstration on the dyno.

Quote Originally Posted by jermstyle

The EFI101 course is the one I would be interested in .
    But will not go to the place in North Richland Hills to take it .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM
    The EFI101 course is the one I would be interested in .
    I'd reccomend it. Good foundation
    2004 Pontiac GTO Torrid Red on Red M6
    CAI Inc. CAI|CAGS Tune Elim.|3.91 Gears|Harrop Diff. Cover|SLP Sway Bar|04 SAP|AMW Catch Can|Raptor Shift Light|Nitto 555DR's|Kooks 1-7/8 LT's HPC Coated|Dual Innovate LC-1 Widebands |TexClutch | GMM Ripshift |Hurst Line Lock|

Might I suggest that EFI looks into online courses? With a little video equipment and some bandwidth I’m pretty sure that more people would sign up. It’s just hard to pay for the class and travel to learn how to spend more money on our cars..

But that’s just my opinion.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast