Thread: Reflashing a different year O.S. in?

Lifetime Member

Default Reflashing a different year O.S. in?

I have a 2000 GMC Sierra 5.3L and would like to upgrade the O.S. to a 2001 model year since there is no lean cruise option for the 2000 model. Eventually I'd like to take advantage of that option since 90% of the miles on my truck are highway miles.

Now, I also need to change the transmission calibration to a 4L80E from a 4L60E because I'm swapping in the 80E. I already have the necessary wiring and other parts needed for the swap.

My question is, Can I get a 2001 file and just reflash the entire thing into my '00 PCM? If so does anyone have a file I can use that fits these requirements?

If it's a 6.0L/4L80E file I will just have to cylinder volume since I have a 5.3L right?

Ahh, so many questions. I will just start with those.

Thanks in advance.

John

Ross just posted this link here :

http://efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.p...666&highlight=

Is this not what you are wanting to do ?? I am very interested in the 80e section as well.. If and when my 700r4 dies in my Typhoon (if it ever runs again) I will probably go with the 80e trans.

I hope someone chimes in with information on this because I am very interested in this as well !

Todd

1993 BMW 325is <- For Sale
    2003 Silverado LS 4x4 <--- you want to autocross what?
    2005 Avalanche 5.3L LS(EFI Live tuned) <-- my gas hog running on e85 3+ years now
    2012 Subaru Outback (wife's daily)

Lifetime Member

I guess I'm just a little fuzzy on what I need to do. My 2000 truck OS(12205612) is not supported by a custom EFILive OS yet.

I'm not sure that even matters if I want to upgrade to a 2001 OS.

Do I just need a 2001 PCM file that is supported by a custom EFILive OS in order to upgrade?

Yes, If you cant find a bin, ill email you one you need. Jes
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Lifetime Member

Ok, I looked on Stealth V site and got the file below. That is all I should need right along with the custom EFILive OS that goes with it of course?

http://www.nitro-nights.com/2005v/ef...L80E_stock.tun

Thanks for the help.

If you want to use an EFILive custom OS, then you must have a calibration file (.TUN) from the corresponding GM OS so you can put your calibration changes back in.

If you are just wanting to upgrade from an '00 to an '01 GM OS, then all you need is the full PCM Flash file (.BIN) that Jesse (wait4me) was talking about in a previous post. Get in touch with him, as he can hook you up with what you need. You'll flash it in, download the stock calibrations from it, transfer the corresponding changes from your existing .TUN file to the new .TUN file that you download and re-flash it back up to the PCM and now you've got your '01 OS with your '00 calibration changes!

Now, if you want to go on ahead and upgrade to an EFILive custom OS once you've got the '01 OS in, then you are set and can follow Ross's instructions in the thread mentioned here.
    Whitney Roberts

Are there advantages to going w/ a 2002 versus a 2001 PCM OS for a C5? I've already upgraded to the 02 from my existing which was the 2000 and am just wondering if it's really necessary to wait for a custom OS for the 02.

BTW.. I love this tool!!!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by AllCammedUp
    If you want to use an EFILive custom OS, then you must have a calibration file (.TUN) from the corresponding GM OS so you can put your calibration changes back in.

If you are just wanting to upgrade from an '00 to an '01 GM OS, then all you need is the full PCM Flash file (.BIN) that Jesse (wait4me) was talking about in a previous post. Get in touch with him, as he can hook you up with what you need. You'll flash it in, download the stock calibrations from it, transfer the corresponding changes from your existing .TUN file to the new .TUN file that you download and re-flash it back up to the PCM and now you've got your '01 OS with your '00 calibration changes!

Now, if you want to go on ahead and upgrade to an EFILive custom OS once you've got the '01 OS in, then you are set and can follow Ross's instructions in the thread mentioned here.
    That is EXACTLY what I want to do.

I will get in touch with Jesse again.

Thanks for the help everyone.