Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My V2 is just collecting dust...

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jim
    No pressure, I'm going to the Nurburgring on the 5th of july for a few days and want to log the whole day

Well the Nurburgring was awesome - truly scary but great.

Are we any closer to this yet? I think we're taking patience to the limit with this and I'd rather have my expectations reset long and then delivered early rather than miss another target.

Regards

Jim

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkincy
    And May becomes June and June becomes July and ................

Perry
    May? wasn't the 'sale' of V1->V2 upgrades like back in September?
    c'mon guys, I love the product, but these delays are making you look like the HPT crew

I understood it was due for release 1st quarter... never guessed they meant 2008...
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

Quote Originally Posted by SS2win
    I understood it was due for release 1st quarter... never guessed they meant 2008...
    Actually.... It was originally scheduled for first quarter 06!

But them pesky diesels and all them other new PCM's got in the way :(
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

I am getting a bit dissapointed myself. After going through a similar experience waiting for my 1998 to be supported after upgrading from my ATUSB to Flashscan V1, this wait for V2 to be standalone is really a let down for me. My sole reason for the upgrade from V1 to V2 was for standalone logging. My V2 hasn't even gotten out of its box for 8 months. I know it will be great once it is working, as my other EFI Live products have been, but these 8 month delays are killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by 98redformula
    I am getting a bit dissapointed myself. After going through a similar experience waiting for my 1998 to be supported after upgrading from my ATUSB to Flashscan V1, this wait for V2 to be standalone is really a let down for me. My sole reason for the upgrade from V1 to V2 was for standalone logging. My V2 hasn't even gotten out of its box for 8 months. I know it will be great once it is working, as my other EFI Live products have been, but these 8 month delays are killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by 98redformula
    Ah, it does seem that the great standalone logging V2 desideratum has been trumped yet once again.
    I'm old and Retired! I used to go fast. I don't go so fast anymore ...but, my cars still do!

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I have been reading everyone's comments and I appreciate that your patience is running thin. Here's the situation. Telling you won't make BB logging appear any faster, but I hope it helps you understand some of the processes that we are working through.

AutoCal is a new hardware platform that we are bringing to market. It is a cheaper, smaller, less functional "baby brother" of FlashScan. It has been the development platform for black box logging. The BB logging for AutoCal was completed about a month ago, BUT it was designed for the all new EFILive V8 software. It uses different/faster communications protocols that solve most (if not all) of the annoying things about the FlashScan V1 and V2 USB comms (like having multiple applications connected to the same device). Plus it has a better log file format that is easier for third party applications to integrate etc.

At that point we had two choices as to how we were going to implement BB logging:
    1. Wait until the EFILive V8 software was released at at end of 2007 or early 2008 so that FlashScan could use the new firmware developed for AutoCal.
    or
    2. Design a hybrid FlashScan firmware to allow FlashScan V2 to run the all new BB logging firmware from AutoCal while maintaing backward compatibilty with the existing EFILive V7 software.

We chose option 2 because it will allow us to get BB logging to market sooner. It also enhances FlashScan V2 significantly by adding a Real Time Operating System to the FlashScan firmware. The RTOS allows FlashScan to perform more complicated tasks more easily and with more control over the target devices. The RTOS also allows BB logging to easily scan/log multiple controllers (engine and trans) simultaneously.

The back-porting of the AutoCal (EFILive V8 compatible) firmware to FlashScan (EFILive V7 compatible) firmware is pretty much done. We're testing the CAN scanning and flashing this week. If that goes well then it is likely that (for the brave) a test version of the BB logging will be available as soon as that testing completes.

In hindsight what we should have done was build into FlashScan V2 the same BB logging features that FlashScan V1 has. That would have been ready 12 months ago. However, I (yes it was my fault) chose to implement the most complete BB logging design that was possible. I did not ever expect it to take this long to implement. Not making excuses, just explanations....

Thanks for listening
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks Paul for letting us in. I think sitting in the dark is the biggest frustration for me. Others too, I'm sure. It would help relieve the tension if you setup a blog of some sort so we could follow the progress. I don't want you to take away from your development time too much so posting something weekly or monthly would be great too.

Now hurry up and git-er-done!
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

Having the resolve to take the high road is usually a lonely path.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast