Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: My V2 is just collecting dust...

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22
    True, but in defense a LOT has happened this year with E38/E67 gas stuff and the announcement of V8.
    That is true, but I didn't buy V2 for E38/E67, Diesel stuff, Virtual VE or V8. I bought it for BB logging and stand alone reading/writing. I understand the business case for all of the above, but the fanfare when V2 was announced was about its stand alone features which still are not available almost a year later. Just my $.02.

The way I see it is the V2 is a clunky piece of equipment , that will some day be good but at the moment just barely usable . No BBL , no digital wide-band input , supported vehicle list is not growing very fast , at least not as fast as the competition who now can do Fords .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Actually, V2 was originally slated for release in EARLY 06! With no mention that it would be released with OUT the stand alone functions, the WHOLE ENTIRE reason I wanted it (of which reading and flashing aren't even being talked about for a time frame right now, so who knows?). BUT, was pushed back 6 months, then released with only OBDII code reading and clearing with the rest of the stand alone "right everything around the corner" Well, here it is a YEAR later and NOTHING!

I'm sorry, but with failed deadline after failed dead line, I have lost all faith in putting anytime frame on anything. V8 has been in the works for a long time, so that's not an excuse. I know business is business but come on, you need to make good on your commitment to your customers.

Personally, I love the EFILive guys and they have been good to me, BUT they still have commitments they have failed to meet for what ever reason. IMHO, they should have finished there back projects BEFORE pursuing new one's. Once you push something to the back burner, it's hard when your as busy as these guys are to get back to it. And to be honest, based strictly on the past year and a half, I don't think V8 will be out till LATE 08 or 09. They also introduce AutoCal last year at Sema which is something I am very interested in, which is not even in the hands of general beta tests yet.

Sorry for the rant guys, but I've been siting on my hands for way too long about this. I know there working hard, it's just frustrating then they don't make good in there previous commitments before pursuing new ones. I sure hope they get some of their catching up done soon!
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

Plus, the (though generous) upgrade offer was clearly targetting V1 owners, who in most cases do not NEED any or at least most of the new engines and stuff (unless they are professional tuners)

Oh well ... still looking forward to finally getting the great product I was hoping for ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

These last few posts most likely reflect the opinions of many, myself included. I'm probably more disappointed and critical of myself than anyone that the BB logging and standalone flashing is still not done.

There's no excuse, the only thing we can do now is to deliver BB logging and standalone flashing as soon as possible. It is that simple from now on.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

On the topic of the V2 and updates, but out in left field, is there any chance the V2 might be able to read & clear codes on 96+ Fords, maybe even expand EFILive's tuning ability to Fords as well? I for one would love to be able to tune my truck, 4.6L Cougar, and wife's 3.8L Mustang all with one interface & Software.

On the topic of the thread, I too am dissapointed in the delay after delay of the update releases. I want to start logging and trying to learn what I need to change in my tunes, but can't have the laptop logging all the time.
    Last edited by Cougar281; September 28th, 2007 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    These last few posts most likely reflect the opinions of many, myself included. I'm probably more disappointed and critical of myself than anyone that the BB logging and standalone flashing is still not done.

There's no excuse, the only thing we can do now is to deliver BB logging and standalone flashing as soon as possible. It is that simple from now on.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul, you know it absolutely nothing personal. I love it, push it and sell it to folks, it's just really frustrating to tell guys that it's "just around the corner" but that corner must be really far away, lol. I know you work REALLY hard on it, and it will be well worth it in the end, but I know how the snow ball affect goes too, well if we do this, we can do that , but this will be even better and then we can do it that way and.... I'm guessing that's what has happened here.

I'm in the same boat with a project I'm working on now. Started out just putting a new motor in my dads old '72 Chevy pickup (owned it since it was new). Well, then if we are doing that, lets put in a GenIII 5.3 and 4L60. That would be even more fun, if it had a turbo. Well, the truck still rides really rough, so lets put 4 link front and rear (4x4) and airbags so it will ride nice. Well here I am a year later on a project that should have been done in a couple weeks if we had just done the motor swap, but its about 90% done now and I'm still having a hard time getting motivated to finish it.

In the end, you have a really great product, but it too 5 times longer to bring to market. I know there's nothing I can do do to make it happen faster, but it makes me feel a little better to vent a little, lol. Just keep on it, and I'm sure we will have a great product soon!
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

The V2 was a year ago, and still is being advertised in magazines like GM High Tech Performance, as a stand alone unit. That was a major factor in me buying this program as opposed to HP Tuners. Is there any truth in advertising?
    Caveat Emptor.
    1998 Trans Am, A4,3.73, SLP ported 98 heads,Lid, Free mods, LCA's, Panhard bar, adjustable torque arm, sfc's 3200 Vigilante converter, BFG DR's, tuned with EFILive.
    12.53@107.78 1.71 60'
    2002 GMC Envoy totatlly stock
    2003 Workhorse 8.1L

I was just thinking about previous statements regarding BB logging and the upcoming V8 software. Since the BB Logging is based on the v8 framework, and ported to work with the V7 software, and since it has been stated that in v8, you will be able to monitor multiple controllers at the same time (ie: Duramax ECM & TCM), will the V2 be able to BB Log multiple controllers prior to the release of v8?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281
    I was just thinking about previous statements regarding BB logging and the upcoming V8 software. Since the BB Logging is based on the v8 framework, and ported to work with the V7 software, and since it has been stated that in v8, you will be able to monitor multiple controllers at the same time (ie: Duramax ECM & TCM), will the V2 be able to BB Log multiple controllers prior to the release of v8?
    Yes - limited to two controllers simultaneously (i.e. ECM and TCM) but that can be expanded in future if needed.

There is one small limitation with the V7 software and that is you can't log the same parameter from both controllers. i.e. you can't log ECM.RPM and TCM.RPM. That limitiation is removed in the V8 software.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast