Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My V2 is just collecting dust...

Question

Now if it was holding up the oil-burners, it'd would have been FedExed Overnite to all from NZ.

Us owners of legacy CARS (ya know, the ones who have been here since the beginning) will just have to sit and wait.

BTW, I have been noticing the dust on my V2 getting a bit yellow- the pollen is starting to blow around these parts now. I do hope not to see any white corn pollen on it ("knee high by July...").
    Early EFILive V5 user - Upgraded from AutoTap for DOS!
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, A4 - For occasional day trips...
    1984 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - For the family...
    1989 Honda VTR250 - For me and me only...

Quote Originally Posted by emarkay
    Now if it was holding up the oil-burners, it'd would have been FedExed Overnite to all from NZ.

Us owners of legacy CARS (ya know, the ones who have been here since the beginning) will just have to sit and wait.

BTW, I have been noticing the dust on my V2 getting a bit yellow- the pollen is starting to blow around these parts now. I do hope not to see any white corn pollen on it ("knee high by July...").
    Ouch!!!

Keep up the good work Paul. Im very happy with my V2 software. This is by far the best tuning software on the market. We should all be thankfull to have it.

it`s useless without a lap top anyways.
    its the only way to make any changes on the road.
    get a lap top.

Mine isn't the fact I don't want to drag one of my laptops around, it's the fact that you can't have a laptop in a racecar in a roadcourse....it's just too much heat, vibration, weight, and g's in all directions. The 22 minutes, dump, 22 minutes, dump with the V1 gets old. It'd be nice to just log all day and check at the hotel at night, make adjustments....that's why I bought V2 in September!

I literally have not plugged the V2 into my car yet. I bought a 1gb SD card 2 months ago, that I could've probably gotten for half $$ by now.

I know it will be good when it comes out, it's just the fact of what was promised in September for Q1 now sounds like Q2 or Q3 and the racing season has already started!
    -Dennis
    2001 Z28 M6 Hardtop
    Dedicated Roadrace Car
    Recent Mods: TEA S1 Heads, 224/224 .568" 110+4 LSA Cam, QTP Headers, Flow-matched 42# Injectors

My V2 is not getting any dust on it (yet )...

Its on the UPS truck and will be stored in the EFI Live storage case when not in use...

Now to get a SD Card and hope the BBL comes out BEFORE I go back to work mid May.
    1999 C5 A-4 Convertible
    1 of 245 Nassua Blue 99 Vert's, Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 42 # Injectors, Two Stage Nitrous System- Dry and a Wet Plate, EFI Live Scan/Tune V2, 1999 PCM with 2002 COS 5 OS Custom Nitrous Panel.

Maine USA

Quote Originally Posted by emarkay

Now thats kinda interesting, when I was complaining that the 98 stuff wasnt getting done because of the 99+ custom operating systems I remember everyone saying 'who cares about 98s, give us 99+ guys MORE MORE MORE.'

But now I have an LBZ diesel and I'm glad they are working on the new oil burners, I can live without BB logging as long as it tunes my diesel.

Funny how it all evens out in the end

lol...

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

We are working on multiple fronts right now:
    - Black box logging
    - AutoCal
    - E38/E67
    - Allison 6 spd
    - T43
    - Stand alone flashing
    - EFILive V8

(Cloning Ross and me might help - but its a scary thought having more than one of each of us....)

I know you guys want this stuff yesterday - and I wish we could have it all done yesterday, but we're pefectionists (for better or worse) and we want stuff done right before we release it.

That said, I also understand some of the frustration of purchasing FlashScan and not being able to black box log. BB logging has been undergoing testing over the past few weeks. A problem that has haunted me for a few weeks now, turned out to be a bug in the black-box logging firmware (7 is not equal to 11 - who knew?*). It has been fixed and I expect BB logging to make an appearance (at least as a pre-release version) some time very soon.

* I think it is a prime number conspiracy against me :(

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Sounds great Paul, thanks for the update. Explains why you guys haven't had a chance to reply to my recent email.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast