Thread: Wont idle when set for AutoVE

Default Wont idle when set for AutoVE

Hi,
    I'm more a lurker than a poster and I try to read and search as much as I can but this time before I go any greyer than I already am I thought I would ask.

I recently installed new cam, intake, TB and I already had long tubes installed. (Car is a 2001 Trans AM LS1)
    Parts are as following:
    Cam - Comp XER281HR (232/234 112lsa) FAST 90 w/UMI 90mm TB and stainless long tubes.

When I first installed the LT's I tuned with AutoVe and it made a huge difference. I did the same when I installed the intake and TB and again made a big difference both in gas mileage and in performance.

Just over a couple weeks ago I installed my cam and springs, at first I had a bit of a hard time getting it to idle but I got there by following instructions posted here. I still have a little problem when starting from cold and still dies once every so often, usually when it first gets to 88c it will cut out unless I'm quick on the throttle.

Now tho when I set everything over so I can use AutoVE she wont idle at all, I can keep the car running by keeping my foot on the throttle and giving it about 4 or 5%.
    Any idea where I might be going wrong? I can post my current tune and a log of idle if that's any help, at idle currently my spark is all over the place, I'm guessing that's the cam and the computer struggling to keep it going?

Thanks in advance!
    Ross

Are you adding 15% to your VE table? If so, try leaving the cells in your idle range alone (don't add the 15% to these cells).

Yeah I read somewhere to try that and I did and it still was the same, I think when I added 15% I couldnt get it to run. Ill look thru my tunes and double check as I usually save a different copy for each set of changes I make so I can go back to any point. makes for a lot of files! lol

Forgot to add that my orginal OS was 12202088 and I upgraded to 12212156 to make switching to COS5 easier when I finally get around to it

ah. did you transfer all of your tables from the previous tune? If not, you might want to start there.

What AFR and spark are you trying to run at idle?

Stock figures wont be nice for your cam.
    HX Ute.

Bit of a slow reply as been working away,
    Upgraded to 7.4 a few days ago and made the switch to COS5 with no problems at all, but im still getting the same issues when trying to switch to OL SD.

Here is my current tune and also the tune for AutoVE, I noticed last night im getting quite a bit of KR.

Also I have a FAST Dual wideband and it wasnt reading the same as on the screen as in scan.
    After some messing with a voltmeter I found the best way to make it work was to use both outputs and AD1/AD2 and then create a custom PID to average them.
    Just incase anyone also has the dual FAST setup.
    Attached Files Attached Files