Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP::::::Heads/Cam car will not run in OL.

Default HELP::::::Heads/Cam car will not run in OL.

A friend in a 01 C5 added Cam over Winter, 240-244 111+3. The didn't tune but drilled TB and he drove it home with no issues.

We recently added heads bumping compression up. Car runs fine in CL. I sent him an OL file to load which he did. Once in OL car go into red pwr mode with very little driving or RPM. I bumped VE by 20% and actually tried 20% and 100% bumps in C6101. Here are his comments:

I uploaded the latest OL tune, and it didn't even make it a block before it shut me down again. Codes P0103 (MAF - expected), P0500 (VSS...not sure what that one was all about), and of course, P1514. This was the tun file with the C6101 table bumped 100%.

I don't remember gettign a MAF error in mine when I did OL tuning. ALso surpised by the VSS.

Any suggestions?

TIA
    2015 Z06 A8

Try the table in this thread and see if it solves the problem.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5029
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

The P1514 is definitely the culprit that is putting you in reduced engine power mode. As I understand it, the test is designed as a failsafe for the ETC. There is a percieved difference btw the MAF and MAP and the pcm assumes one or the other is crap and shuts down power to protect the motor. You might as well just max out C6101 for now whislt you are VE tuning. Later when you have that part sorted you can re-map that table to bring back the protection.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    The P1514 is definitely the culprit that is putting you in reduced engine power mode. As I understand it, the test is designed as a failsafe for the ETC. There is a percieved difference btw the MAF and MAP and the pcm assumes one or the other is crap and shuts down power to protect the motor. You might as well just max out C6101 for now whislt you are VE tuning. Later when you have that part sorted you can re-map that table to bring back the protection.
    Doc: Just curious but what is max table settings for C6101?
    2015 Z06 A8

Quote Originally Posted by dfe1
    Try the table in this thread and see if it solves the problem.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5029
    It makes sense. I did a quick look and compared your C6101 table to the one we are using. We may have not raised the cell values in lower RPM/throttle position cells.
    2015 Z06 A8

Quote Originally Posted by Chalky
    It makes sense. I did a quick look and compared your C6101 table to the one we are using. We may have not raised the cell values in lower RPM/throttle position cells.
    I'd advise against maxing out the whole table, because that leaves you without any safeguards against an ETC failure. The table I posted works with an LS6 engine with cnc-ported heads, ported throttle body, VaraRam, 232-236 cam, headers, 3" high flow cats, x-pipe and cat-back. Some values may have to be increased for larger displacement/higher horsepower engines, but it shouldn't need too much.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Quote Originally Posted by dfe1
    I'd advise against maxing out the whole table, because that leaves you without any safeguards against an ETC failure. The table I posted works with an LS6 engine with cnc-ported heads, ported throttle body, VaraRam, 232-236 cam, headers, 3" high flow cats, x-pipe and cat-back. Some values may have to be increased for larger displacement/higher horsepower engines, but it shouldn't need too much.
    understood. Just curious to know what is considered max values.
    2015 Z06 A8

Default No Reduced Power Mode. Still will not idle in OL

ANy ideas? We bumped timing tables, desired airflow looks OK. Car has drilled TB. Does that make tuning in OL that much more difficult?

Ideas please!! We are sitting in the car waiting for a solution!
    2015 Z06 A8

I agree with dfe1 about not maxing it out for good. Just to experiment while you guys are in the car right now, select the whole table and put in the largest value you can. If it is too big EFI Live will give you a default max. I don't know right off the top of my head what it is and the missus is giving me a dirty look for me typing this. We are supposed to be house hunting right now. At any rate, find the theoretical maximum to get your AutoVE going and upon completing that reduce the vaules to somewhat more sane types until you get the dreaded reduction again and pump it up a little from there. Don't be afraid. As long as you are monitoring everything in the scanner that test is just irrelevant. Just make sure when you are "done" that you go back and find the sane values for the test to do it's job and not disturb your fun.

Slapped upside the head leaving the door...

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Doc:

We bumped the C6101 table up to the point where we no longer get a red pwr mode. Car still does not wantt o idle in OL.

Any ideas?
    2015 Z06 A8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast