Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AutoVE

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_z28_six_speed
    Could it actually be possible that 13.8 is the peak power for some motors? Sounds lean!

Or did you mean
    100 kPa
    12.4 AFR

95 kPa
    13 AFR

90 kPa
    13.8 AFR
    Don't know about the 13.8 being the best for peak power , but the order you have the AFR listed is correct .
    13.8 just seems way to lean (unless you mean before power enrichment) , 12.5 to 13.2 is about right for Naturally Aspirated engine (Power Enrichment state) .
    With a COS3-5 you can command a power enrichment like state in {B3647} and not need PE , or you can remain Stoich and let PE come in as normal and set it to 12.5 - 13.2 range .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_z28_six_speed

Or did you mean
    100 kPa
    12.4 AFR

95 kPa
    13 AFR

90 kPa
    13.8 AFR
    Yes, this is what I meant . Doing it like this, and not using PE give you a transition into a richer condition so it dosen't have to just jump for 14.7 to mid 12's. You can play with the numnbers a bit to see what your car/truck likes.
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

Default ve sd how tell which is being used

I have a little question, I ran through the EFI Live Ve tuning Tutorial on this engine swap with a Z06 motor and a 02 camaro pcm, I thought it worked good I go it all set up great, A:F was good on the dyno and everything, So I try connecting the MAF to get it set up and still left it in SD mode and I was not sure when, suddenly the car bairly runs it is way too lean, I went back through re-loaded a previous tune and it ran good I made one change at a time and it still ran good ( i was only idling and reving it) using a roadrunner so it would be real time, and the best I can tell is there was a code for MAF in the background and when it gets cleared the car runs bad lean,

Here is the question how can I tell if this is in true SD or MAF or?

Does the code have to be there for it to run in SD?

the whole reason for trying to dial in the SD was that I would get a MAF code and the A:F would change.

Thanks
    Mark

Speed Density occurs when you set the MAF frequency so that it can never achieve a specified value , then you will receive a (Powertrain Code) P010x code whether it is 101 , 102 or 103 the MAF has failed and you are in Speed Density , if the MAF passes all the test and no codes you are running with MAF . 5 wire MAFs if unplugged still need the brown and black wire for IAT sensor or will eschew the data .
    Someone said that disabling {B4206} , if you have that table , looks like it puts the PCM in SD mode also or is also needed ?
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

I disabled the codes yet I still got one I think it was P0103,
    when I erased it the car ran very bad does that mean I was forcing it back to MAF with the MAF disconnected? It ran bad with the maf connected also although I did not change the maf curve? I did open a older tune and just coppied the new VE table in and it also ran bad I think (I tried toooo many things and my brain has mixed them up a little) thanks I will get back to it tomorrow

Like TunedByGM said, the pcm must see a MAF code in order to fall into SD mode.

Yes, you were forcing it back into MAF mode with no MAF.

From what I have seen , you need to have the DTC for MAF failure or will run like crap .
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6417
    2006 Trailblazer

Great thanks that is what I thought was happening, I had read that thread last night and missed the part that it fixed the problem thanks for sending me the link,

Any pointers for dialing the MAF curve, or any steps To make sure I don,t miss anything?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12