Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LS1 PCM's

Hi GPMX, I,m new to this electronic tuning thing, and would appresiate some help with regard to different PCM,s

I am busy with a project vehicle that I have built up from nothing. The vehicle is a Nissan 4x4 UTE that I have put a LS1,4L65e and NP205 transfer box into. The engine is a stock 5.7 bottom end with LS2 heads and intake manifold and an LS HOT CAM.

I have a stand alone wiring loom from LT1 conversions, that will accept a 12200411 ECU. The ECU plugs are Blue & Red on the loom. I have a Roadrunner ECU that uses the Green & Blue plugs,
    Question 1: are the pin outs the same for the different colour plugs (can I just change the plastic cover and fit)?
    Question 2: can I download a 512k tune to my 1024k RR ECU or must it be form a 1024k ECU as well?
    Question 3: what OS should I be looking for?
    Question 4: where do you think I can find a basic tune for my application

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer, I live in Cape Town, South Africa and I am unable to find any one here with any experiance with regard to EFI, so I'm on my own here.

Couple of things for you,

you cannot load in a 512k tune into a 1024k box, on your engine do you have electronic throttle or mechanical? The pinouts are the same as far as fuel and spark, there are some differences with the o2 sensors, this is more or less for diagnostics and heater control of the o2 sensors. You prolly could start out with and express van tune fuel map for the 5.7l but that may or may not get you in the ball park. also how is this engine set up? Is it set up for a 24x crank signal like a ls1 or older 4x signal. There maybe somethings to do in the tune to help you out.
    2005 chevy silverado, duramax tuned with efilive
    1997 Saturn sc2 turbo, tuned with megasquirt on e85
    2000 s-10 turbo'd tuned with efilive on e85

Thanks for your input chevy052500hd, I am running cable throttle and 24 tooth reluctor. do you know what pin outs to change on my loom to make it compatable with the RR ECU?

512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

What is the gm service number of the r.r. pcm(if it still on there)? Most truck based operating systems from 2003 to 2005 should work with this pcm to get you started. You may will have go in vehicle platforms and turn off electronic throttle. You would just have to find a tune with 4l60e ... tunefiledepot.com has a whole bunch or stock tunes.
    2005 chevy silverado, duramax tuned with efilive
    1997 Saturn sc2 turbo, tuned with megasquirt on e85
    2000 s-10 turbo'd tuned with efilive on e85

Lifetime Member

Moates still offers a 512 Kb LS1-B based RoadRunner. They had previously offered a 1Mb LS1-B version - but this has been discontinued. If you have one of these, I am assuming you purchased used, and not from Moates.

Quote Originally Posted by chevy052500hd View Post
    ... Most truck based operating systems from 2003 to 2005 should work with this pcm to get you started. You may will have go in vehicle platforms and turn off electronic throttle ...
    The 1Mb LS1-B PCMs used in 2003 to 2007 (classic) trucks / SUVs did not come equipped with a "chip set" (not sure what the correct term is) to drive an IAC (idle air control) - and therefore will NOT work with a DBC system. These are DBW only systems.

There are some 2003+ 1Mb LS1-B PCMs which have the internal components to drive an IAC - these were used in GTOs, S10 type trucks, and select Express / Savana vans.

Given that the necessary hardware is missing in most 1Mb LS1-B PCMs to drive an IAC - altering the vehicle platform options in the tune itself will not make any difference.

The bottom line is - unless your 1Mb RoadRunner was built on a PCM designed to support DBC - there is nothing you can do in the tune to make this work.

Regards,
    Taz

I have checked my RR ECU and it dose have the IAC controll in it so it should be OK for my application??? What vehicle would use a 1024 k ECU that runs DBC??
    I'm looking for a base program to start with.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    ... What vehicle would use a 1024 k ECU that runs DBC?? ...
    Select 2003 to 2006 full size vans (Express / Savana) could have been equipped with DBC systems and used the 1Mb LS1-B PCM. I believe there is a 2006 DBC van tune available for download on the Tune File Depot website ... www.tunefiledepot.com ... it is under the modified tunes section if memory serves.

Hope this works out ... good luck.

Regards,
    Taz

Hey Taz
    I have tried to load 3 tunes from tune file but I keep getting a message saying that EFIlive dose not support this ECU...? I have been able to downioad the tune and do some changes (speedo calibrations and fan calibrations) but am unable to load it onto my RR.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Do you have the page that is missing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12