Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: msi Installer??

Default msi Installer??

I have just loaded V7.4 on both PC & Laptop & when I double-click a tune or log file, the .msi install application loads instead of the application. Any ideas?
    2004 Monaro CV8 - 80mm BBK throttle body - 42lb Injectors - 1.8 Rockers - CAPA Long-Tube Headers- SLP Exhaust - Vortech Centrifugal S/C @ 7PSI- CAPA Intercooler - Bilstein Shocks - Wilwood 6-Pot/4-Pot Brakes - TyreWatch Monitoring - LC-1 Wideband - KAAZ Diff - Racelogic - 480RWHP

Angry

Can someone from EFi respond please?
    2004 Monaro CV8 - 80mm BBK throttle body - 42lb Injectors - 1.8 Rockers - CAPA Long-Tube Headers- SLP Exhaust - Vortech Centrifugal S/C @ 7PSI- CAPA Intercooler - Bilstein Shocks - Wilwood 6-Pot/4-Pot Brakes - TyreWatch Monitoring - LC-1 Wideband - KAAZ Diff - Racelogic - 480RWHP

Not sure? I have never seen that before. It is possible that you have a bad download? Have you tried redownloading the version and reinstalling it?
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Did you install to th default location (i.e. 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7')?

Have you deleted any of the files that were installed by default?

I recall something years ago when I was trying to be clever with reloacting files etc. Not seen the issue since I just let it all go to the defaults.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Go to Control panel/Folder options and see what the tune file extension is linked to. If necessary, pick change and point it at the proper file. But let us know what it links to.

Ira

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

That problem can happen if Windows "thinks" one of more of the installed files are "damaged" (i.e. no longer the same as the files that were originally installed). The easiest way to "fix" it is to re-run the installation and selec the [Repair] option. however, that can have other side effects such as resetting some things to "installation defaults".

Unfortunately, if you are part of the beta test teat and have downloaded any beta updates which require you to manually copy the beta files over the top of the existing installation, then that can cause Windows to "think" the installation is demaged and may cause the msi installer to start up when you double click on the *.tun files.

Its really just a case of Windows trying to be "smarter" than the user but failing miserably. Windows can't tell the difference between a file that has been changed for a valid reason and a file that has been changed by a trojan, virus or other malicious software.

Then again, maybe your system has been compromised and one or more installed EFILive files have been damaged.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I managed to copy the expanded contents of the 7.4 msi installer, ran an install from there (as per the previous version which was a manual zip file).

Double-clicked a tun file & the installer programme ran (but as I have the files on the HDD as oppose to the previous installs where the downloaded exe installer automatically deletes them from the temp folder), it sort of ran but then loaded the application. It seems ok now.

Still used another license when running the flash though.

NAH,

Are you saying the tunetool consumed an additional licence...?

Can you post some screenshots.

Joe

NAH, post some screenshots of the licensing window.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    NAH,

Are you saying the tunetool consumed an additional licence...?

Can you post some screenshots.

Joe
    There you go:

Nº 1 was the original (I have only used this with my car)
    Nº 2 FUBAR
    Nº 3 used when I uninstalled V7.4 & re-installed V7.3
    Nº 4 used when I installed V7.4
    Nº 5 - unused
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V7.4 Install Licence Used 19-05-07-sanitized.png 
Views:	249 
Size:	182.8 KB 
ID:	1668  
    Last edited by joecar; May 20th, 2007 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Replaced image with license-blurred image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast