Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PCM "Recovery"

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    All the dealers i took them to said they couldnt flash it because the PCM refused to communicate with the Tech2
    It depends on the security level of the Tech2, the issue is you can't extract the VIN from the PCM with the 'normal' commands when it is in a semi operational state. Most dealership setups require the VIN, cal part numbers etc to be pulled from the PCM before reprogramming can occur, mainly to protect against people flashing say a truck file into a C5 etc. I'd suggest this was the problem.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    All the dealers i took them to said they couldnt flash it because the PCM refused to communicate with the Tech2
    It depends on the security level of the Tech2, the issue is you can't extract the VIN from the PCM with the 'normal' commands when it is in a semi operational state. Most dealership setups require the VIN, cal part numbers etc to be pulled from the PCM before reprogramming can occur, mainly to protect against people flashing say a truck file into a C5 etc. I'd suggest this was the problem.
    Good infomration as of this morning it is all history. I bought a new one from the dealer and returned the other paper weight as a core. I will be up and running today. Only think that bugs the bejesus out of me is it wont have a tune and i refuse to send the dark side anymore money to add another lecense

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12