Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Evaporative purge system not ready

Im having the same problem 1 monitor is showing not ready it passed everything but the stupid check engine light. How do I find out what monitor is incomplete? And will this help me get pass my inspection? Oh by the way it's an 02 Sierra
    BlackBear, HSW N20 100 shot

Quote Originally Posted by lbl866@aol.com View Post
    Joecar will probably provide the best answer. Does your scan tool say that you have a check engine light, or do you have a check engine light on? In the scan program, when you connect to the computer the first thing that runs is the status of the DTC's. Click on SRT tab aand it will tell you which monitor has not been set to ready. It will also tell yo if you have a MIL light or code set. If there is a code set, look on the V2 without the V2 connected connected to the computer and it will tell you what code has been set. Just remember, if you clear the code with the scanner (V2), or change the program with the tune software, all of the readiness status indicators will again say not ready.

No cel but it's showing C0265 under srt, it's showing heated catalyst and egr system not supported in the srt tab so that means not ready right?

Quote Originally Posted by lbl866@aol.com View Post
    My system showed a red x in front of the srt systems that were not ready. The systems that are not supported show not supported. I am resonably sure that your vehicle does not have a heated catalyst or egr system. I am wondering if you might have used the off road tune from above for the 2007 Z06 or the off road tune for the 2002 vette that were previously shown and might have used the wrong dtc's for your vehicle. Best wait on joecar if any of the above applies.
    Nope didn't touch anything in the tune

In scantool, goto the OBD II tab, goto the SRT subtab, and there you will see all 11 monitors...

Not Supported = monitors not supported by the PCM (i.e. PCM's vehicle came without that equipment);

Not Ready = monitors that have not yet run;

Ready = monitors that have run (they may have passed or failed);

each monitor requires a set of DTC's to be tested for, those DTC's are listed in the Service Manual and are specific to year/model/vehicle.
    Last edited by joecar; September 10th, 2012 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by way2much_01 View Post
    No cel but it's showing C0265 under srt, it's showing heated catalyst and egr system not supported in the srt tab so that means not ready right?
    C0265 would be shown under the DTC subtab...

C0265 is a Chassis/BCM code... that should not prevent you from passing the emissions test.

If your vehicle is prior to 2000, then you are allowed to have upto two Not-Ready monitors; if 2000 or later then only one is allowed.

Not-Supported monitors are not tested because the vehicle does not have the emissions equipment for those monitors.

Im having the same problem 1 monitor is showing not ready it passed everything but the stupid check engine light. How do I find out what monitor is incomplete? And will this help me get pass my inspection? Oh by the way it's an 02 Sierra
    Is the Check Engine Light on...?

Or is the Service Vehicle light on (C0265)...?

There is a big difference and the smog technician should know the difference.

For example, sometimes if you forget to turn off traction control on a Camaro/Firebird/Corvette, during the roller test the ABS will throw some DTC's (because the front wheels are stationary and the rear wheels are driving at 30 mph...) this causes the SVS light to turn on... if the tech mentions this just remind him that it is the ABS and not the engine that threw the DTC (Service Vehicle vs Check Engine).

Nope didn't touch anything in the tune
    Does your truck have Heated Catalyst and EGR...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    In scantool, goto the OBD II tab, goto the SRT subtab, and there you will see all 11 monitors...

Not Supported = monitors not supported by the PCM (i.e. PCM's vehicle came without that equipment);

Not Ready = monitors that have not yet run;

Ready = monitors that have run (they may have passed or failed);

each monitor requires a set of DTC's to be tested for, those DTC's are listed in the Service Manual and are specific to year/model/vehicle.

So am I to set them to not reported as post #9? For off road use?
    Last edited by joecar; September 10th, 2012 at 02:23 PM.

Does your truck have Heated Catalyst and EGR...?

I'm not sure Im in California so I should right?

Is the Check Engine Light on...?

Or is the Service Vehicle light on (C0265)...?

There is a big difference and the smog technician should know the difference.

For example, sometimes if you forget to turn off traction control on a Camaro/Firebird/Corvette, during the roller test the ABS will throw some DTC's (because the front wheels are stationary and the rear wheels are driving at 30 mph...) this causes the SVS light to turn on... if the tech mentions this just remind him that it is the ABS and not the engine that threw the DTC (Service Vehicle vs Check Engine).
    No check engine light but it shows up under dtc's in the scan tool

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast