Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My next project

Default My next project

I am not sure this really belongs here ... anyway:

I just got an individual throttle body manifold for my C5 corvette.

For the SD tuning I will update the OS from 99 to 2001 or 2002. I have no clue if using 2001 or 2002 makes any difference. I asked wait4me which OS would be right for me, since I am little uncertain on the process of updating the OS to a different model year.

I will use an LM-1 wideband, and I can't wait to see how this is all going to work out.

Till

Here is a picture of the manifold:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imgp0246.klein2.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	81  

and another one:

Name:	imgp0245.klein2.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	82  

Here is the link to the manufacturer: http://www.harrop.com.au

Till

Wow - that's pretty impressive. Do you know of anyone who is running one, and if so, what kind of dyno or track gains did they see with this?

Also - did you have to pay the amount listed on the website? That's pretty expensive, all things considered.

Also - where do you hook up the MAP sensor?
    Whitney Roberts

This will be the first (or one of the first) units to go into a corvette. I just took the plunge, I will see how well it works. I have a very mild cam now, so the I won't gain too much with the current setup. But there are different plans for the near future.

A cam with a lot of overlap should run pretty well with this intake. We'll see. I am on the way to shop now, to see what has to be done to really make this work.

Till

Quote Originally Posted by Till
    This will be the first (or one of the first) units to go into a corvette. I just took the plunge, I will see how well it works. I have a very mild cam now, so the I won't gain too much with the current setup. But there are different plans for the near future.

A cam with a lot of overlap should run pretty well with this intake. We'll see. I am on the way to shop now, to see what has to be done to really make this work.

Till
    I just wonder what the situation will be with regards to your Corvette PCM expecting to see an Electronic Throttle?. What did Harrop say?.

Cheers,
    Ross

I just got back from the shop. We mostly checked if the manifold is even going to fit, and it's going to be close. And I need a fuel pressure regulator.

This manifold works with the electronic throttle control. The stock throttle motor is bolted to the manifold from underneath, the TPS sensor is bolted to one of the throttle blades.

We will see next week how that all works out. I had hoped there was a chance we could just bolt it in today, but it's going to take a little more time.

The ait intake is 76mm, and I think the 99 MAF is also 75mm. We may try to put the MAF on one side of the intake, and see if that works.

Till

With a setup like that you have just got to run MAFless. These 8TB setups have the best throttle response and choking it up with a MAF would be a crime.

Several of us Cobra guys running LS1s have been looking at the new Harrop 8TB setup. It's a very nicely made piece of kit. Have you got any pics of it from the top without the air boxes attached?

I figure cold air directly from the hood scoop on my Cobra could be ducted straight down into the throttle bodies. Just make up some rectangular filter boxes to go on each bank.

Cheers

Michael
    Cheers

Michael

here you go:

Name:	imgp0243.klein2.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	84  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast