Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idle Issues

Quote Originally Posted by RacerChris
    I have not done the RAFIG or RAFPN process' yet, I am running the stock converter but I am upgrading in about a month to a 3000 stall converter, and I am idleing at 675 up from 550. I adjusted it to try to fix the problem but it didnt help much. Should I switch back to 550?
    One last thing.... How to I take a screenshot of my tiing tables so that I can post a pic of it in the forum for you to see and also how do I go about posting the pic?
    Thanks again!
    If you're not idling below a MAP of 60kPa, your idle is set too low. You may have to try 750~800rpm. The bitch is going to be that stock converter slamming the drivetrain when you put it in gear. That's the main reason why I don't suggest running a cam on the stock converter. You might be able to soften that up in the Trans folders though.

To take a screen shot, you hit Print Screen, open up MSPaint, and then Ctrl+V to paste the image. You may have to resize or use only a portion of the picture and save it as a jpeg in order to meet the maximum size requirements of the forum. You can include it in your post when you do an advanced reply under Manage Attachments.

Well I changed my base timing for in gear and neutral while at idle and that seemed to have helped alot but I still die when going from neutral to drive and now I am getting spark retard due to knock. I think I am going to wait on trying to cure this problem untill my converter comes in and then I will do the RAFIG, and RAFPN processes as well as readjust my base timing.
    Thanks a ton though guys for pointing me in the right direction!

Well I couldnt wait to start playing with the RAFIG & RAFPN processes so instead of waiting another 3-4 days for my converter I went ahead and tested it out. All I can say is WOW!!!!! What a difference in my idle issues!!! I have only gone through the process through warm-up in gear once and then a few more times in gear while it was hot but it has made a huge difference!!! No more stalling going into drive, even with the stock converter and my cam! I have even been able to drop my idle a bit more due to the difference.

I have a question though..... Does anyone have any advise on how to get the engine cooler quicker but in a safe way?

Thanks again guys for the help!

Drive up on rhino ramps, raise hood and run some fans. You don't want to hose it down if that's what you're asking.

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
    Drive up on rhino ramps, raise hood and run some fans. You don't want to hose it down if that's what you're asking.
    Well I wasnt going to go that far but I do admit if I were a few years younger it might have crossed my mind!
    The answer you gave was pretty much what I was looking for, I figured using a fan but I didnt think about putting it on ramps as well.
    Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12