Thread: Question about lc1 wiring hook up

Default Question about lc1 wiring hook up

I have a noob question so please go easy on me. I have an 02 Trans-am with LT and ORY. I just wanted to know. If it was ok to splice into the rear 02sensor for my 12v and heater ground. I wasn't sure because my tuner had tuned out the rear sensors. My other conserne was is there a risk of doing this because of voltage drop or blowing a fuse.(have two sensors on the same line)

esco35m, welcome to the forum.

You can get 12V/ground from any source as long as it is switched (i.e. power is cut when ignition key is off).

The LC-1 WBO2 sensor can simply replace one of the NBO2 sensors, in which case you unplug the NBO2 from the vehicle harness socket and tap 12V/ground right from there...

you could obtain a NBO2 plug and some crimp pins to go into the plug, or you could cut off a plug from an old NBO2 sensor and splice it to your LC-1...

doing this also means you could connect the LC-1's narrow band simulation output to the NBO2 socket and so simulate the NBO2 signal to the PCM.

I don't think there'll be any problem with drawing too much current when piggy-backing 2 sensors, I haven't seen anyone post up regarding this.

Thank you for the reply joecar. I have already had the muffler shop weld in the bung supplied in the kit. It is weld in the back of the I-pipe just before it goes over the axel. I already have the shift boot removed from my shifter(M6) I have been kinda of uncertain as to which wire to use for the 12v. I was planning on using a 12v source some where behind the radio instrument panel. I really want a clean wiring look. I looked in my haynes manual in the wiring schematics, but could not find a switched 12v source. I will have to go to work and pick a multimeter I guess.