Thread: log and tune files from stock 06 Corvette Z06 urgent needed

Default log and tune files from stock 06 Corvette Z06 urgent needed

Hi folks,

one of our Corvette Club member had an katastrophic engine failor while driving on a circle track (Lausitzring / Germany). Engine lost suddenly power and was shut off, after that the motor could not be turned wether by hand nor by the starter motor (no overwarming, no strange noise).
    The engine was replaced by GM under warranty

Now he has got his new engine but it drives like an LS2!
    On the quarter mile he has now a 13.4 with the old engine he had a 12.0, nothing on the car is altered except the engine.
    The dealership says everything is ok (and this is true - everything except the power and torque of the engine).

He is very sad about the performance and he asked me if I could help him.

So we did some acceleration logs where everything seems to be ok, but the car is performing very bad. Did GM stepping back on the cam at the 2007 LS7 engines? Could a partial melted cat be found by visible inspection of the LS7 exhaust (removed)?

It would be very helpfull if anybody had a log (full throttle) or tune file from a stock 2006 Z06 for comparison.
    I will attach what we found, all recommendations are welcome.

Many thanks & best regards from Germany

Marco

Logs could be send to webmaster@corvette-club-berlin-brandenburg.de
    Attached Files Attached Files

Marco,

Do you have access to a chassis dyno? I would start there and see what the all out power is.

Power should be in the 438-455 range.

The timing advance looks quite low on that small area of the log at 88% TPS. That would scrub off some serious power. Looks like it might also be coming from the 133 F IAT temps.

TM might also impact that timing...........

Howard
    Last edited by Redline Motorsports; June 11th, 2007 at 01:57 AM.

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Hi Howard,

we were at the chassis dyno - with the old engine we saw over 700 NM, no peak hp due to the excessive wheel spin on the dyno.
    With the new engine on the same dyno we have now only 570 Nm 415hp (at the crank!!)
    Have a look at the MAf courve, it looks like on a boosted car, so low values under 4K rpm and then it seems like the boost kicks in.
    The traction control was off during the log.
    The ambient was 30°C while driving and so this might lost 1or 2° of timing.
    But the feelt loss of power in comparison (I was driven in the car before and after) is horrible.
    Any ideas where the spark should be under best conditions? Are the Maf Values in the range with 400 g/s? They seem too be too much for the meassured power but too less for over 500 hp.

Many thanks!

Marco

Is the tune stock??

What is done to the car?

1-954-703-5560

2011 HTR-850R Camaro

Hi Howard,

there is nothing changed except the broken LS7 engine to a fully new LS7 engine by the dealership. We tried to convince them that something´s wrong with the performance. Tomorrow the car will be there again to check the performance with a Tech2. We have the dynosheets but need to scan them, I´ll post them tomorrow. The dealership says that may be an electronic device for the exhaust flaps delivers the wrong signal and will fool the ECM. It shall be replaced tomorrow. I do NOT belive on that!
    They say that the PCM was already reflashed with the last availible software, we will ask if they would share the .bin.
    I´ll keep you informed how this is going on.

Marco

Quote Originally Posted by Treurentner
    Hi Howard,

there is nothing changed except the broken LS7 engine to a fully new LS7 engine by the dealership. We tried to convince them that something´s wrong with the performance. Tomorrow the car will be there again to check the performance with a Tech2. We have the dynosheets but need to scan them, I´ll post them tomorrow. The dealership says that may be an electronic device for the exhaust flaps delivers the wrong signal and will fool the ECM. It shall be replaced tomorrow. I do NOT belive on that!
    They say that the PCM was already reflashed with the last availible software, we will ask if they would share the .bin.
    I´ll keep you informed how this is going on.

Marco
    Marco,

The bi-module exhaust valves has nothing to do with this. Those are a simple open/closed device that is signaled from the Pcm at a set RPM.

Something is pulling significant timing under WOT. This is evident by the 13 degrees of timing noted on the log. It should be closer to 20-21. 7 degrees is major power.

I would redyno the car for starters to get a quick power output number and log data as well.

Howard

1-954-703-5560

2011 HTR-850R Camaro

Hi Howard,

I would redyno the car for starters to get a quick power output number and log data as well.
    We will do so if tomorrow nothing comes up while testing by the dealership. I will post everything for erverybody who might have the same problem. (I´ve heard already from a second case here in Germany with similar symptoms and still no solution)

Marco

Any additional info.... dyno results ?