Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's see if this works...

I believe the SLP IAT sensor module is just a resistor in a pretty case. Same as putting a resistor in the IAT plug that makes the PCM thinks it's a constant 40deg with no variance. This wouldn't be a probable way to tune since you'll be taking in warmer air than the PCM is actually seeing.

I though of the same thing just about using the MAF, setting blending at 1.0 and a stock VE. I posted about it a few days ago. I havn't had a chance to run OLMAF yet though but CLMAF was working ok. Did you set up with O2's on or off? I'm going to log on the way to work today with mine off and see what I get.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolatorTA
    I though of the same thing just about using the MAF, setting blending at 1.0 and a stock VE. I posted about it a few days ago. I havn't had a chance to run OLMAF yet though but CLMAF was working ok. Did you set up with O2's on or off? I'm going to log on the way to work today with mine off and see what I get.
    I don't have any NBO2's. :lol: I've been thinking about buying some. But, only if I can get the fueling close enough...

Update here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....9817#post49817

Now working from stock MAF curve and adjusting IFR (VE still ignored with B0120 set to 400rpm).

Good stuff. Keep it comming and I'll keep looking for more info.

The latest....

Here's a log from yesterday (6:30~7:30) on my drive back to Lansing. Transitions and cells less than 5 have been filtered out. This tune is still IFR, 100% MAF, and the IAT/ECT blending vs. grams/second has been disabled (100% IAT biased). AFR is 14.63 commanded and 12.6 when PE is active. IAT registered between 73~77 degrees the whole time (~1 hour).

The good: Well, look at the picture.

The bad: In between idle and about 1500rpms, fueling richens up between 0.5~1.0 AFR points below commanded AFR. If I were going back to closed loop soon (may be), I'd think this is well within the realm of control. Aside from that, no other noticeable side effects.

Total time invested in tune: ~10 hours
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BENs.JPG 
Views:	241 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	1817  

Seems the MAF/IFR tuning seems to be working well. I've been going the other way as in back to VE SD but with a different approach than the standard. The VE table is looking great where I was making adjustments not to get to 1.0 but to even out what was the majority cell numbers. On the rich side but started getting real nice until tonight. Got home from work, loaded up the changes I made last night now heading toward the 1.0 mark after getting pretty even and realized my WBO2 took a dump. I have a spare sensor but this will be on hold until tomarrow now.

That sux. I keep hoping my sensor doesn't go out on me. Try to recalibrate it every month or so.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123