Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stand alone date yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    <snip>
    Timed low power mode. That means you can leave your FlashScan/AutoCal connected to your vehicle and after a user defined period of inactivity it will automatically go into low power mode (similar to the PC hibernate mode).
    </snip>
    Hurray!!! Thank you, Paul! I keep my FlashScan connected and tucked up under my driver's seat, with only a USB cable poking out. Remembering to turn it off when leavnig the car for more than overnight has been a concern. ( I travel a lot, you see, and finding I forgot when I return to airport parking late at night has been worrisome...)
    2004 Pontiac GTO - Quicksilver/red/m6
    1-of-344

Any release date on the stand alone unit yet ? I want to buy EFI live but not without the standalone. I dont have a laptop and I'm not paying extra for roadrunner. I want the $848 package deal which will be 948 with a/f gauge.
    I didnt find a definative date and it is hodling up my purchase

Default Getting back to the dyno comms

Paul,

Thanks for all the updates and all the hard work! I work with a lot of software packages and EFILive is one of the best applications I have seen! You need to write code for the dyon companies and show them how it is really done!

Can you say what dyno companies you are working with (planning to work with) for the V8 interface? I understand if it has to be kept quite at this point.

Thanks for a good product and support.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

We are building a generic dyno interface that any dyno that outputs a constant stream of RS232 serial data will be able to interface with.
    It will be a one-way interface, so the dyno controller will only need to send out the data and FlashSCan should be able to read it.
    A config file loaded into FlashScan defines the data layout of the data packets from the dyno.

The interface will also double as a wide band O2 input - which unfortunately means you can't have both connected via the serial input. Although you can still run the wide band O2 through the A/D inputs.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123