Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stand alone date yet?

Default Stand alone date yet?

We are past the stand alone date, is there a new date? V2 seems to keep going past the estimated release dates for everything
    This isnt a bash on efi. I hate seeing them keep missing release dates, but atleast I know when they do release something it will work correctly.

Blame me a little bit....V2 programming is Paul's quest, however, I kept interrupting him with requests to enhance V7 for the E38/E67 and Allison LBZ TCM support (like DMA PID's etc).
    We had to make quite a number of changes to the current firmware and software to support both those controllers properly so unfortunately stand alone was not progressing at a rate of knots whilst that was happening.
    I know every chance he gets he's working on it...

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I cant blame anyone, I think everyone at efi is doing a great job. I just hate waiting just like everyone else, maybe even more but atleast I know its for a reason. I know when its ready it will be released and it will work unlike some of your competetors software releases.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I'm back on the BB logging full time now.

Black box logging has been designed for AutoCal under the new EFILive V8 framework. That means different (and much faster) USB comms between the PC and FlashScan. It is working as expected and I just love taking out a small handheld unit to log (and view) data. The laptop never goes out in vehicles anymore.

However, we can't/won't delay the release of BB logging until the V8 software that it is designed for is ready (i.e. late in 2007). So the plan is....

1. Complete the "bridge" API that allows V7 software to communicate with the all new V8 compatible AutoCal BB logging firmware. That process has been underway for about a month now. By Monday I should have a better idea of when it will be complete.
    2. Convert the AutoCal firmware to run on the FlashScan hardware. That should only take a week.
    3. Make pre-release firmware available for testing.

If all goes well, BB logging (test version) should be available (fingers crossed) by the end of June.

Sorry it's taken so long but we want to release a BB logging option that is complete, functional, easy to use and worth waiting for.

Some features that will be available in BB logging (and eventually in the new EFILive V8 PC based software).

1. Scan and log data from multiple controllers (i.e. ECM and TCM) at the same time.
    2. Read, save and display trouble codes for all controllers.
    3. Read, save and display history (freeze frame) data for all controllers.
    4. Clear trouble codes for all controllers.
    5. Display controllers' identifying info - VIN, OS part numbers etc.
    5 .Simple drag and drop file transfers between the PC (Window's Explorer) and the FlashScan/AutoCal units.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

"However, we can't/won't delay the release of BB logging until the V8 software that it is designed for is ready (i.e. late in 2007). So the plan is...."

Gees, I must have had pre-release software all these years

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    1. Scan and log data from multiple controllers (i.e. ECM and TCM) at the same time.
    Regards
    Paul
    Paul out of curiosity, related to that feature that will eventually become available, will it be possible to scan from two different controllers on two different protocols, say Class2 for the ECM, and GMLAN for the TCM?

We also caused a lot of confusion with our V6 scan tool that only worked on V8's.

V8 (version 8 ) is such a cool version for EFILive we'll probably never move on to V9.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Melton
    "However, we can't/won't delay the release of BB logging until the V8 software that it is designed for is ready (i.e. late in 2007). So the plan is...."

Gees, I must have had pre-release software all these years

It won't be in the first release but it has been a high priority design consideration. The ability to log GMLAN, Class-II, and RS232 simultaneously (i.e. digital wide band input - no more analog woes) has been designed into the product.

We have programmed FlashScan (and AutoCal) with a true deterministic, realtime operating system. That allows us to execute multiple tasks inside FlashScan and provides the best environment for logging multiple, disparate data sources.

It has been a long time coming however it is a complicated business, more complicated than we had first imagined, but we want to get it right so we don't have to re-do it all again in a year's time.

In other news, some features that have been implemented in the new FlashScan/AutoCal firmware:

Auto repeat keypad. Hold down a key to cause it to repeat (exactly the same manner as a PC keyboard). That means when you are scrolling through lists of data (i.e. PIDs, DTCs, Freeze Frames etc), you don't wear out your thumb pressing the up/down arrow keys.

Timed low power mode. That means you can leave your FlashScan/AutoCal connected to your vehicle and after a user defined period of inactivity it will automatically go into low power mode (similar to the PC hibernate mode).

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281
    Paul out of curiosity, related to that feature that will eventually become available, will it be possible to scan from two different controllers on two different protocols, say Class2 for the ECM, and GMLAN for the TCM?

how will it connect to the wideband ( i.e type of cable)

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick
    how will it connect to the wideband ( i.e type of cable)
    The third cable that ships in the FlashScan box. It has a 9 pin serial D connector on one end and an RJ12 plug on the other.

The RJ12 connects into FlashScan next to the USB connector and the 9 pin connects to the wideband's RS232 cable. A custom made (i.e. user made) patch cable may be required for some wide bands that do not supply a standard 9 pin serial connector.

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast