Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EFILive V7.2.3 sneak preview

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    V7.2.3 is done!

It should be posted sometime during May 31, 2005 US time - probably later rather than sooner - some testing has yet to be completed).
    V7.2.3 will be a pre-release version which will include about 100 (of around 300) calibrations for 97Y, 98F and 98Y.

Regards
    Paul
    WhoHoo!

Paul - one question - will the calibration 'one-click' comparison reconcilliation feature work against calibration files from different OS's? I'm asking because if we have an older OS (I've got a 99) and I upgrade to a '01 or a '02 OS so I can flash in a EFILive custom OS, it'd be AWESOME if the tuner could 'backfill' the new calibration with the changes from the old.

However, back in the real world, I realize that is much easier said than done. To what extent will this feature work? Is it limited to same OS calibration files only?
    Whitney Roberts

Thanks Paul, I cant wait to be able to put the 'other' tuner I have been using on my 98 up for sale Would be nice not to have to swap cables like it should be.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AllCammedUp

WhoHoo!

Paul - one question - will the calibration 'one-click' comparison reconcilliation feature work against calibration files from different OS's? I'm asking because if we have an older OS (I've got a 99) and I upgrade to a '01 or a '02 OS so I can flash in a EFILive custom OS, it'd be AWESOME if the tuner could 'backfill' the new calibration with the changes from the old.

However, back in the real world, I realize that is much easier said than done. To what extent will this feature work? Is it limited to same OS calibration files only?
    For now it is limited to identical operating systems.
    But future versions will have cross-operating system capabilities.

There is also a new feature that allows you to copy entire segments between identical operating systems. i.e. ALL transmission calibrations, or all engine DTCs.

Paul

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kp
    Thanks Paul, I cant wait to be able to put the 'other' tuner I have been using on my 98 up for sale Would be nice not to have to swap cables like it should be.
    Insider info...

We are about to launch an incentive program for cross-grading to EFILive from existing tuning tool packages. It will be retrospective - so don' t throw it in the bin just yet.
    Watch our web site for details in the next few days...

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by AllCammedUp

WhoHoo!

For now it is limited to identical operating systems.
    But future versions will have cross-operating system capabilities.

There is also a new feature that allows you to copy entire segments between identical operating systems. i.e. ALL transmission calibrations, or all engine DTCs.

Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by kp
    Insider info...

We are about to launch an incentive program for cross-grading to EFILive from existing tuning tool packages. It will be retrospective - so don' t throw it in the bin just yet.
    Watch our web site for details in the next few days...

Paul
    Smart man! 8)
    I'd rather be blown, bored... AND stroked!
    Now: 447 CID (Corvette 427) , ATI Procharger D-1SC Supercharger

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 87gmc
    Once again thanks Paul and the others involved in the project for us 98 guys.
    Also we will only be able to veiw the bin right? No bootloaders yet to actually program the PCM?
    That is right, the bootloaders won't be ready by May 31.

Paul
    A step closer! Wonderful!
    I'd rather be blown, bored... AND stroked!
    Now: 447 CID (Corvette 427) , ATI Procharger D-1SC Supercharger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12