Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GMT900 Denali / Escalade L92 Tuning

Default GMT900 Denali / Escalade L92 Tuning

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience tuning this motor. I have access to a Denali L92, and was wondering if anyone else had a tune from a Escalade L92. I am curious what the differences are that causes a mildly different horsepower rating between the two.

Also, any pointers on tuning this motor and transmission. Any 'gotchas' or 'don't do thats'. One thing I plan on really working on is the horrendously bad torque management that is so obvious on this setup, especially 1->2.

I have a new 6.2 Sierra Denali and have started tuning on it. We don't have the 6l80 tuning yet and the shift points are terrible also IMO. Removing everything I can now in the ECM still leaves too much TR to suit me. I had quite a bit of KR in several places with the stock tune which managed to have only 20 degrees of WOT timing with between 6 to 11 degrees of KR using 91 oct fuel. I have managed to get it up to 25 degrees average with very little KR. It is more responsive and runs noticable better, but it needs more tuning. I can't get the timing to follow the high oct tables as it keeps adding timing from some other tables not in the latest download yet, I think. We need several other ECM tables before we can completely tune the engine, but I'm happy to have this much for now. Torque reduction is better after tuning but we need the TCM tuning to remove more to where the the shifts feels good and shifts when you want it to. I will send you my starter tune to look at and try if you want, just PM me your email address.

Ron
    2014 Silverado 4X4 6.2L
    2010 Camaro 2SS-RS L99
    2007 Sierra Denali 6.2L
    2005 1500HD 4X4 Quadrasteer 6.0L, COS3 SD

Ron, I think you will find there is probably most of the main spark tables in there. What you need to do is log the DMA Spark PID's to see the base timing (as calculated from the High/Low tables with the Octane scaler applied), then look at the PID's that show you the rest of the makeup to the final spark timing. Also log the Octane Scaler value (0 = High Octane, 1 = Low Octane) which is the opposite to LS1.

As an example the IAT spark table is pretty aggressive, not sure how well the intake temps cool down on those trucks but I'd bet if you logged the IAT spark PID you would see it pulling out maybe 2 or 3 degrees.

Remember to keep your PID selection at or below 24 channels for optimal logging speed, when selecting DMA PID's be wary that some take up as much as 4 channels. The spark ones are generally two.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E38_DMA.png 
Views:	700 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	1785  
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ross, I have logged the base spark at 18 with the final at 26 degrees. I have copied the low oct into the high to defeat the scaler. The problem I'm seeing is it is adding timing. Is the base spark the same as the high or low oct tables as I don't see a base spark table like the LS1 has? What I have in the high oct table is very close the base spark logged. IAT temp was 82 degrees and I had changed that line to zero already. I have zeroed out B5112 up to 1.35 EQ, disabled B0804 cat protect and I don't see anything else to do. Does the VVT add spark? I will log more of the spark pids tomorrow when I get the wideband hooked up and see if I can find it. I was logging 27 pids and 30 channels but it wouldn't log if I selected any more. At the bottom of the log data page it says " Channels: 30/4200 ". Is that the fastest logging speed or will it log faster with 24 channels? My LS1 logs say " Channels: 24/4200 ".

Ron
    2014 Silverado 4X4 6.2L
    2010 Camaro 2SS-RS L99
    2007 Sierra Denali 6.2L
    2005 1500HD 4X4 Quadrasteer 6.0L, COS3 SD

There is an additional table for VCP "Variable Cam Phaser"

Looks like this...

EDIT: Offensive Picture Removed
    Last edited by GMPX; October 13th, 2007 at 01:22 PM.

In real tuning software, the Cam Phaser Timing is {B5154}.
    2009 Z06 LS7 / 2008 Sierra Denali AWD L92 6L80E
    Flashing control modules since 2001. 8-)
    Who needs a MAP sensor on a supercharged LS6 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterSS
    In real tuning software, the Cam Phaser Timing is {B5154}.
    Ouch, just trying to help! Glad I went with the other guys!

If the other guys are so wonderful, why are you here?
    2009 Z06 LS7 / 2008 Sierra Denali AWD L92 6L80E
    Flashing control modules since 2001. 8-)
    Who needs a MAP sensor on a supercharged LS6 anyway.

Like I said I was just trying to help, not many folks have the new 6.2L. I found this place a while back when I was interested in a diesel. Now when yall fail to help out your own people remember what you are actually willing to chime in on.... I wasn't asking for help...notice my post count and my posts. Didn't realize the hate going on. I just failed in thinking that if you owned a 6.2L someone might appreciate feedback. this wasn't about EFI live this was about fellow 6.2L owners. I would have bought yall product had the forums been better, I was only trying to trade tips since few folks know about 6.2L VVT. Can u blame me now? I guess i'm not welcome. Sorry for having good intentions! God bless, U will need it!

I will never post or attempt to help out such a limited group of 6.2L folks again in this forum....good luck with life!

BTW I'm running 13's with intake and tune...So kiss my A$$
    Last edited by markislive; October 13th, 2007 at 10:26 AM.

Take it easy guys, this isn't LS1Tech
    Thanks anyway markislive

Cheers,
    Ross
    Last edited by GMPX; October 13th, 2007 at 05:39 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast