Thread: I'm a complete newb, please help?

Question I'm a complete newb, please help?

I know that this has been asked before and I've searched the forums looking for the answer to this. I'm even more confused and dumbfounded than when I started.

How do I connect the LM-1 to Flashcan V2? Do I connect the copper ground wire and where to? The red and white wires go to the positive of the A1 and A2 and which order? I have no idea what the hell I'm doing, and all of the acronyms and tech jargon, just confuse me even more.

All of the tutorials I've searched, and threads posted talk more about upgrading the flashscan drivers and red and white wires, but they all mention to forget about the copper ground wire for a minute, but don't mention it again.

Someone PLEASE walk me through connecting these two tools together in a way that a first grader can understand. I do have the most current version of EFILive installed and working, so that is not an issue. I'm not a total dumbass, but I'm having trouble understanding how to do this correctly, and it's too important to screw up.

I don't have an LM-1, so bump for you... TTT

To simplify things, you should program your LM1 to output the WBO2 voltage the same for both wires (red and white). Then, you just have to pick one.

IDK about V2, but on my V1 I had a 3-pin connector for AD1 and AD2 with the ground in the middle. The copper wire goes to the ground one of the other wires goes to AD1. Then, you log LM1_1, BEN_LM11, and EXT.AD1. Assuming the LM1 equation in your version of EFI Live is the same as the factory LM1 settings, it should all work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
    To simplify things, you should program your LM1 to output the WBO2 voltage the same for both wires (red and white). Then, you just have to pick one.

IDK about V2, but on my V1 I had a 3-pin connector for AD1 and AD2 with the ground in the middle. The copper wire goes to the ground one of the other wires goes to AD1. Then, you log LM1_1, BEN_LM11, and EXT.AD1. Assuming the LM1 equation in your version of EFI Live is the same as the factory LM1 settings, it should all work just fine.
    So there isn't a fundamental difference between the LM1's Analog output 1 and Analog output 2? I understand that output 1 is configured to simulate a NB02 out of the box, but can either output can be configured to represent a WB02 signal? I've been playing with trying to set my own up and making my own calc pid and wasn't sure if one particular output (1 or 2) should be used for WB02 over the other.

By the way, the red wire is analog output 1 and the white wire is analog output 2 for the LM1.

As far as I know, there isn't a 3 post connector on the V2. Seems to be that each of the 4 external channels has its own positive and negative so I don't see how you could hook up both of the LM1's analog outputs, unless the external channels shares a ground. I've been working with the white wire (analog output 2 for the LM1) for my setup. So on my V2 I have the white wire on A1 + and the bare wire on A1 -.

Farmdog, I feel your pain. I'm in the exact situation myself trying to configure my LM1 with my V2. I've been learning by trial and error and by putting together information from the forums piece by piece. However, I'm trying to change the resolution other than what it came with from the factory which tends to steepen the learning curve for me. I know I'm close to finishing up. I wish I had the answers for you but I'm learning myself, hopefully when I get this thing configured correctly I'll be able to help walk you though it if no one else does first. Good Luck!

Jay

Thanks for the help Jay4speed. I was pulling my hair for awhile trying to figure this out. Your info helps, but I cuold use some more help when you get yours working.