Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I doing this right?...........

Just a few questions to get us on the same page. This is on a 01 vette and you are attempting to run OLSD in order to AutoVE correct? Do you intend to run the MAF in the future?

Some observations...In the tuning tool, under Properties I would suggest viewing your VE units in the default (g*K/kpa)- Not a deal breaker but, I would just get used to seeing the numbers as the PCM does. The same goes for any fueling tables where you have the option to view those units as the pcm does...EQR vice AFR. This transition will solve alot of possible future headaches where you could be trying to track down a pesky modifier table that is not allowing you to command what you really want. See Appendix B of the tuning manual for proper explanation. In caveman terms, AFR is nice for us nuckle dragging humans but does not add up for strict mathematical computers.

Some recomendations about your tune...{B3605} Commanded fuel when in open loop does not have the useable resolution like {B3647} found in the Custom OS's. Specifically in your {B3605}, you have the warmed up values set to "1" or 14.63 which is going to have you using STFT's. As an example, I have provided a B3647 table for reference only. In the example I have the warmed up values slightly leaner.... .9951 = 14.71 in order to avoid the STFT's. Under DTC processing Enablers you have P0101, P0102, and P0103 all set to 2 trips, set them to 1. Set all of B5001 to "0" and you will now properly defaut into full SD. Just for giggles leave the DTC Mil enablers P0101, P0102, and P0103 to "MIL" just to verify for certain that you do in fact have the failure. After you are sure you are in full SD, then reset the MIL to NO MIL so you can be altered to new MIL's that could pop up.

I understand you are just starting out. Don't be afraid to ask questions here. I would highly recommend going to a Custom OS with the setup you have.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, many others will learn from it as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b3647.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	1816  

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Just a few questions to get us on the same page. This is on a 01 vette and you are attempting to run OLSD in order to AutoVE correct? Do you intend to run the MAF in the future?

Some observations...In the tuning tool, under Properties I would suggest viewing your VE units in the default (g*K/kpa)- Not a deal breaker but, I would just get used to seeing the numbers as the PCM does. The same goes for any fueling tables where you have the option to view those units as the pcm does...EQR vice AFR. This transition will solve alot of possible future headaches where you could be trying to track down a pesky modifier table that is not allowing you to command what you really want. See Appendix B of the tuning manual for proper explanation. In caveman terms, AFR is nice for us nuckle dragging humans but does not add up for strict mathematical computers.

Some recomendations about your tune...{B3605} Commanded fuel when in open loop does not have the useable resolution like {B3647} found in the Custom OS's. Specifically in your {B3605}, you have the warmed up values set to "1" or 14.63 which is going to have you using STFT's. As an example, I have provided a B3647 table for reference only. In the example I have the warmed up values slightly leaner.... .9951 = 14.71 in order to avoid the STFT's. Under DTC processing Enablers you have P0101, P0102, and P0103 all set to 2 trips, set them to 1. Set all of B5001 to "0" and you will now properly defaut into full SD. Just for giggles leave the DTC Mil enablers P0101, P0102, and P0103 to "MIL" just to verify for certain that you do in fact have the failure. After you are sure you are in full SD, then reset the MIL to NO MIL so you can be altered to new MIL's that could pop up.

I understand you are just starting out. Don't be afraid to ask questions here. I would highly recommend going to a Custom OS with the setup you have.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, many others will learn from it as well.
    Hi Doc!

First, Thanks for your help! I Need it!

Yes Sir, it should be in OLSD.

I'm trying to follow the AutoVE tutorial to the letter, that's why I have B3605 that way. What do you mean by it's lacking resolution? What should I change the values to and why? I'm not questioning you, just trying to learn why we do things in here. If I understand the reason behind it, it makes it easier to understand what I should do, and keep repetitive questions on my part to a minimum.

What I don't understand is on my VE table, there is that tall moutain in my VE graph that goes through the 1600-3600 range? I'm Really trying to read the graphs, but it's confusing to me. Is it rich in that area and what is the shallow valley in the middle tell? I'd think through that range, it should be flat all the way across. That and my numbers are Crazy compared to other SC Maps that I've seen.

Thanks Again So Much for your help, and I Apologize if my questions are hard to understand. If so, then Please tell me and I'll try to explain it better.

Exclamation Lambda units are BAD (cause confusion)...

Freddy,

Your B3605 was setup using Lambda units (see attached pics of your B3605)...
    ** it is way too lean, do not run your car like this **

Before you run your car again, do this:
    - goto Edit->Properties and change to EQ units,
    - close the tune tool and reopen it,
    - setup B3605 again (regions of EQ 1.00, 1.13, 1.17) per the AVE tutorial,
    - save the file,
    - cal-only flash to PCM (Flash->Program PCM Calibrations).

Joe

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EQ.png 
Views:	245 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	1818   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LAMBDA.png 
Views:	214 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	1819  
    Last edited by joecar; June 23rd, 2007 at 06:09 AM.

As Doc said, VE units in g*K/kPa and air:fuel units EQ will save a lot of headaches.

You should restart your AutoVE tuning after taking care of post #13.

Thank You once again JoeCar!

I didn't even notice that!

After I run the filter in the BEN log, and then copy with labels, paste with labels and multiply, my VE table has spikes in it. Is that normal and am I heading in the right direction?

Thanks!

What filters are you running? The tutorial only has some basic filters that really need to be added on to remove transients.

Post your tune or a pic showing the spikes... as 5.7ute said you may have to be creative with filtering.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute
    What filters are you running? The tutorial only has some basic filters that really need to be added on to remove transients.
    Hi 5.7ute and Thanks for the help!

I'm using the filters that the tutorial suggested. The 5% throttle and the less than 178° temperature filters. I might not have used them on the first pass of the VE table update, but the spiky VE table that is posted below has them.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    Post your tune or a pic showing the spikes... as 5.7ute said you may have to be creative with filtering.
    Here's my tune file (if you'd like to look through it) and a picture of my VE table. Many Thanks again Guys for the help!

Spiky Tune................

Last edited by FreddyG; June 29th, 2007 at 07:21 AM.

I called PLX about the WB02 and they sent me an RMA # to return it and they'd check it out and see if the problem is with their unit. So, we'll see.

They've been pretty good at getting back to me and taking care of business so far. I Hope that's the problem.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast