Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: options request : post your ideas

Lifetime Member

pre determined bookmarks that you can tag as you log, for instance: create two book marks - 1=A/c on, 2=a/c off - then as you log, press 1 and tag that point in the log, press 2 and tag again, etc. so you can easily indicate what is going on during the log.
    2000 Camaro SS Convertible
    M6,
    LTs, AFR 205s, Comp xer 220/224, LS6 intake, Ported TB, AR TT IIs

Lifetime Member

an easy way to do a find/goto to a specific condition on the chart, like kr>0 or TPS=100% or something.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaddySS
    pre determined bookmarks that you can tag as you log, for instance: create two book marks - 1=A/c on, 2=a/c off - then as you log, press 1 and tag that point in the log, press 2 and tag again, etc. so you can easily indicate what is going on during the log.
    You can do that now. Press keys 0-9 to set tag. Label each tag using the menu: Edit->Properties->[Notes] tab page.

You can add/remove tags in existin log files using the red X and green tick toolbar icons.

You can move to a tag using the digits 0-9 (to search to the right) or Ctrl+0-9 (to search to the left)
    And page down for next tag and page up for prev tag.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    an easy way to do a find/goto to a specific condition on the chart, like kr>0 or TPS=100% or something.
    Excellent idea and one that is already being implemented. Expect to be able to find user defined conditions, plus generic conditions like highest, lowest, zero, non-zero and negative values etc...

Regards
    Paul

well, if we're going broad ideas, then i want scatter plots, trendlines, and histograms in bar form, not just numbers. also charting any arbitrary functions on top of data would be nice, along with plotting distributions of residuals between data and the fitted model.
    being able to display more than one piece of data in a cell would be great. you do it already on the charts, where i can see current/min/max/avg, if i could do that in the histograms that'd really make my life easier.
    color coding cells based on some other variables would be good too. ie cells with a large std dev of data in that cell should be highlighted to identify trouble spots.
    and i want a pony
    The pony we can do, for everything else there's mastercard.
    Regards
    Paul

how about in addition to min/max/avg we also get standard deviation for this group of values?
    I'm not a statistician, what info does std dev give that is useful when analyzing logged data?

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    I'm not a statistician, what info does std dev give that is useful when analyzing logged data?

Regards
    Paul
    it gives you the spread of values.
    for example, if you got BEN's of (-30 -30 -30 30 30 30) your mean is going to be 0, however the tune still sucks.
    now with stdev you will see the tune sucks as it will tell you that 65% of values in this sample are <32.8634

the real value of stdev is filtering. in matlab i often create zscores (how many standard deviations away from the mean) and then filter out everything that's beyond 2 stdev's (that retains about 95% of values while tossing the rubbish)

you give me ability to do stdev and i'll make your filtering 10x better than it is now

Lifetime Member

You can do that now. Press keys 0-9 to set tag. Label each tag using the menu: Edit->Properties->[Notes] tab page.

You can add/remove tags in existin log files using the red X and green tick toolbar icons.

You can move to a tag using the digits 0-9 (to search to the right) or Ctrl+0-9 (to search to the left)

Regards
    Paul
    Excellent, thanks!
    M6,

How about the ability to compare different OS?

Lifetime Member

Regards
    Paul
    Tried it today but you can't add a tag while logging?
    M6,

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast