Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: options request : post your ideas

Typical... So will V8 ever be done? Or is that just a pipe dream?

Quote Originally Posted by greasess View Post
    Typical...
    Why is it typical?
    The LS1 custom OS's were written 10 years ago and have been running stable ever since. It makes no sense for EFILive to go back and spend months rewriting them to add additional functions that a handful of people have requested over the years. I don't think people realise just what is involved and the time and resources it takes to do it and to be frank there would be no financial incentive to do so. This flows down to other custom OS's we've written in the past on older platforms (both Gas and Diesel), once they are stable we are very reluctant to ever touch them again.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

One feature I would really like to see is a search function in the PID list in the scan software. It would be nice to search for "SAE.TP" for example and jump to that rather than scrolling for days. Just my $.02

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greasess View Post
    One feature I would really like to see is a search function in the PID list in the scan software. It would be nice to search for "SAE.TP" for example and jump to that rather than scrolling for days. Just my $.02
    The V8 scan tool is functional and has a search feature...

Meanwhile in the V7 software the way to find a PID is to sort the PIDs by a particular column, say by the "Parameter" column, then all the PIDs are shown in alphabetical order. Then just scroll to the SAE.TP PID based on its position in the alphabet.
    If you don't know the PID name but know its units then sort by the "Units" column. To sort by a column just click on the column heading. Each time you click on the heading the sort order is reversed. Clicking on the "Description" column header will sort selected PIDs first, then un-selected PIDs.

I know that's not as good as a dedicated search option but that's why V8 is being developed.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021