Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: options request : post your ideas

I've seen that part of it, but I keep the complete directory sync'd.
    As of now, I have to use a file sync program to keep my vehicle computer
    matched to a sd card, and then sync the sd card to my home computer and then reverse the operation every time I get into town.
    Wolfie
    LS1B 2007 Express 6.0 /w 470,000+ miles (parked as of 01April2011)

I use SyncToy v2.0 and an external HD to keep things sync'd and for back up.
    When I adjust or make a new file I'll Bluetooth the files between my 2 laptops or copy from the EHD, I'm too cheap to buy a USB transfer cable.

What about my idea in post #1?
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Default An Adjustable IBPW table

How About a RPM/MAP IBPW table were we could adjust the IBPW directly (Like VE).
    Paul, we briefly touched on this a few years back I think regarding the dynamic calculations used by the PCM.
    98 tigershark
    PS: Free licenses would also be nice!
    98 tigershark
    L92/427 w/L76 CC'ed heads n upgraded springs
    4.100 stroke, 4.068 bore w/ 11:1 comp
    Cam, 591 int, 613exhst, 232-246dur@.050, 115*
    LG headers, High flow cats,
    RPM level 5 trans, RPM 3.42 gears, 2800 rpm trq convrt. .
    Special Thanx to Joe and Bruce!

Just a quick one to express a new idea. Yesterday I was playing around with a car with poor idle quality. Eventually nutted the issue out to be shot o2 sensors causing a super rich idle. During the troubleshot I used the DVT's a fair bit to adjust IAC, Timing and lastly Fuel to see the reaction with fuel turning out to be the problem. During this testing I wasn't really taking much note of the data as the trims were fine and I was just observing the nature of the car. The thought came to mind that having the DVT's available via the V2 would be a handy addition. What do you guys think? Is it feasible to incorporate the controls into the V2 firmware.

Ryan

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macca_779 View Post
    The thought came to mind that having the DVT's available via the V2 would be a handy addition. What do you guys think? Is it feasible to incorporate the controls into the V2 firmware.
    Ryan
    Working on it...

Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lightbulb

Just a quick one to express a new idea. Yesterday I was playing around with a car with poor idle quality. Eventually nutted the issue out to be shot o2 sensors causing a super rich idle. During the troubleshot I used the DVT's a fair bit to adjust IAC, Timing and lastly Fuel to see the reaction with fuel turning out to be the problem. During this testing I wasn't really taking much note of the data as the trims were fine and I was just observing the nature of the car. The thought came to mind that having the DVT's available via the V2 would be a handy addition. What do you guys think? Is it feasible to incorporate the controls into the V2 firmware.

Ryan
    Thats a swell idea!!!
    Last edited by GAMEOVER; December 20th, 2009 at 01:42 PM.
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    It is something that is was available in EFILvie V5. When we brought out RR support, we dropped support for the bidi controlled spark and fuel maps because RR was so much better.

Maybe we can re-instate it in version 8, but it would not be a high priority in the version 8 roadmap.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul any future thought for bringing this back in for V8. It really would be a very attractive feature to have and one that I would use extensively. I do have a RR. But for the most part the work I'm doing on other peoples cars doesn't warrant the time for me to fit and remove it.

Working on it...

Paul
    Brilliant. Thats great news.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Paul any future thought for bringing this back in for V8. It really would be a very attractive feature to have and one that I would use extensively. I do have a RR. But for the most part the work I'm doing on other peoples cars doesn't warrant the time for me to fit and remove it.
    I will be re-investigating adding that feature to V8, sooner rather than later.
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I will be re-investigating adding that feature to V8, sooner rather than later.
    Paul
    I will use that alot...

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast