Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: options request : post your ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    OK, suppose I want to scan through a log and find a point where I want to just have the log "play" while viewing the interrelationships between the various traces? Well, that WAS interesting. Well, let me see that again. Oops, have to start over from the BEGINNING. Hmm, that section was 10 minutes into the drive, so I guess I can go get a drink in the next 9 minutes. Yeah, I can set a note at the spot I want to make note of, but once I jump directly to that point, then what? Matter of fact, I can see where setting a point A and a point B and continually looping through that segment would be helpful.
    You can replot & scroll the log forward then crop the section or
    filter out frames you want/don't with a calc_pid based on frame number.

PHP Code:
    #Units         Low      High     Fmt    Expression
    #------------ ---------- ----------- -------- --------------------------------------------------------------
    *CLC-00-004
    Frame            0      99999       .0        
    "frame()"
    #Code                                  PRN         SLOT            Units          System                Description
    #--------------------------------- ----------- ------------------- --------------- -------------------- -------------
    CALC.FRAME                     F004     CLC-00-004      Frame       Conditions        "Frame Number" 
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    I saw that request earlier but I can't understand why it is something that would be useful? What extra information can you obtain by playing back the file that you can't obtain simply by looking at (and/or scrolling through) the charts?
    The only reason a playback option exists at all is so that we can show unattended demo charts scrolling across the screen when the software is on display at trade shows. I can't think of any other use for the playback mode.

IMO
    Playback (forward or backward ) is frivolous when you can record, filter, cut & paste.
    This seems to be a case of not knowing what can be done with the software.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    You can replot & scroll the log forward then crop the section or
    filter out frames you want/don't with a calc_pid based on frame number.

PHP Code:
    #Units         Low      High     Fmt    Expression
    #------------ ---------- ----------- -------- --------------------------------------------------------------
    *CLC-00-004
    Frame            0      99999       .0        
    "frame()"
    #Code                                  PRN         SLOT            Units          System                Description
    #--------------------------------- ----------- ------------------- --------------- -------------------- -------------
    CALC.FRAME                     F004     CLC-00-004      Frame       Conditions        "Frame Number" 

IMO
    Playback (forward or backward ) is frivolous when you can record, filter, cut & paste.
    This seems to be a case of not knowing what can be done with the software.
    And this is better and easier than just having the controls programmed into this tool?

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06
    427 RHS block built by LME
    STS rear mounted twin turbos
    It nearly died on the operating table, but I'm bringing her back.

This will get you what you want until then.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    This will get you what you want until then.
    Well then, in that context, thank you for your help.

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06

Hi Rich,

Most of us manually move the chart inspector/cursor back/forth thru the chart when analyzing a log...

if you wanted to to play segments of the log, then you could crop each segment and save to a new file (one segment at a time), this would then let you integrate with your video(s).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Hi Rich,

Most of us manually move the chart inspector/cursor back/forth thru the chart when analyzing a log...

if you wanted to to play segments of the log, then you could crop each segment and save to a new file (one segment at a time), this would then let you integrate with your video(s).
    Yes, I have been doing that as well, but when scanning through a LONG log file just looking for anything that looks *different*, it's quite tedious that way. Maybe when I am more familiar with this stuff I won't feel like I need to look at EVERYTHING, or will know exactly where I need to look for something. But right now, I just don't know what is "normal" and what is not. So I am presuming the longer I look at log files, eventually SOME of the stuff will have to be considered as normal, and the stuff that is not normal will become more apparent to me.

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06

Ooh, I've got another one....

I'm looking at a log file, and want to look at ONLY the relationship between two of the values being tracked. Sure would be nice to have a way to QUICKLY hide the tracks I don't want to see at the moment. Something like right clicking on the trace or the label and just being able to select "hide" and then being able to make it visible again as needed. Kind of like when looking at multiple parallel audio clips you can mute any track separately.

Just a thought....

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06

Sure would be simple that way. Right click and have a list of all PIDS in log then click the ones you want to see! Simple! That is the way TunerPro RT is set up...

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    Ooh, I've got another one....

I'm looking at a log file, and want to look at ONLY the relationship between two of the values being tracked. Sure would be nice to have a way to QUICKLY hide the tracks I don't want to see at the moment. Something like right clicking on the trace or the label and just being able to select "hide" and then being able to make it visible again as needed. Kind of like when looking at multiple parallel audio clips you can mute any track separately.

Just a thought....
    In the V8 scan tool you can do just that. Just right click on the PID in the chart and select "Options->Show PID" to hide/show the PID.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Is it safe to start learning the V8 Scan Tool? I've never touched it.

My understanding is V8 is going to replace all V7.5 stuff?

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast