Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: options request : post your ideas

Leave him alone until BB logging is out, remember I'm going to the Nurburgring in 12 days and Neeeeeeeed the logging function

I'll get my coat

Jim

Lifetime Member

So hows AutoCal going? I have a friend who wants a tune but wants to be able to switch back to stock when his girl drives it...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Guys, please keep in mind that the development cycle of V7 is going to start to wind down over the next few months. It's time we totally updated the software for a whole new look and feel, but still trying to maintain what everyone is used to. I mean, it will still be EFILive but there is going to be many changes (for the better we are sure).
    Of course if early on in the development cycle our beta testers start to call it EFILive Vista, then we might need to rethink everything

We welcome suggestions for V7 enhancements because it's not like that product will be ignored once V8 is done, but much of our focus will be toward V8. Given this is our 3rd year (I think) with V7 we have learned a lot about what people want and how to make things work better and more efficient, especially in a workshop environment.
    Version 8 is going to be very open as far as it's internal runnings, so no longer is it going to be built around how GM (esp the LS1) does things. This will make any future enhancements fast and easy to implement.
    There is some idea's up on the white board for Version 8 that are going to leave people who tune for a living in awe on how simple it is going to make things, features we just can't get in to V7.

Ahh, so who needs a break anyway, back to it!.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22
    So hows AutoCal going? I have a friend who wants a tune but wants to be able to switch back to stock when his girl drives it...
    AutoCal is being used as the development platform and original test bed for BB logging. I've got to say the AutoCal unit makes a very cool BB logging device - but with its much larger screen, FlashScan will be even better.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

My beta drive is tingling! Now if I could just get things under control at work so I can get back to tuning...

One feature that the competition has which I would really like is Real time tuning using a standard PCM. I know we have access to Roadrunner, but for some of us the investment is a large one. For those that tune on the road a feature like this would be invaluable. We have Bidirectional controls to adjust fuel and spark, which is great and all. But being able to use a tune file to control bidirectional control on a larger scale would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by macca_779
    One feature that the competition has which I would really like is Real time tuning using a standard PCM. I know we have access to Roadrunner, but for some of us the investment is a large one. For those that tune on the road a feature like this would be invaluable. We have Bidirectional controls to adjust fuel and spark, which is great and all. But being able to use a tune file to control bidirectional control on a larger scale would be fantastic.
    who has that?
    did i waste my money on the V2!

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick
    who has that?
    did i waste my money on the V2!
    HPT has that, it uses a "unused" region of the PCM's dynamic memory to store information, which in my mind is not a good idea because it's hard to know if the PCM really does not use that region of memory.

$0.01

Any way to turn off the ignition on the e38 (Corvette) automatically after a "write" to the PCM?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    how about in addition to min/max/avg we also get standard deviation for this group of values?
    Wrong forum-- all the standard deviates (and a few non-standards) are over on HPT.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast