Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: options request : post your ideas

an idea which I think would really be a nice addition is the ability to lock table cells from being altered when smoothing. Say for example you pull some timing from a cell, then you want to smooth the surrounding cells to be similar. Locking the cell would stop it from raising back up with the smoothing process. The same theory would be great for interpolating VE. You could do an auto VE lock the cells you've altered then smooth everything in between.. What does everyone think?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macca_779
    an idea which I think would really be a nice addition is the ability to lock table cells from being altered when smoothing. Say for example you pull some timing from a cell, then you want to smooth the surrounding cells to be similar. Locking the cell would stop it from raising back up with the smoothing process. The same theory would be great for interpolating VE. You could do an auto VE lock the cells you've altered then smooth everything in between.. What does everyone think?
    See attached image.
    Regards Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1.png 
Views:	277 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	2312  
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Cool thanks Paul. Always nice to discover new things

Why not just write a Data API that exposes the scan tool data to other applications. Then that way LabView, MatLab, SciLab, IADS, etc could all just use scripts or a simple DAQ interface to get the data from the EFI Live Scan tool.
    Let the EFILive guys focus on ECU tuning software (what they do best) and let Analysis tool packs like MatLab address analysis features we want to see.

I'm already writing a scan tool interface for the NI USB-8473 CAN bus interface for IADS it wouldn't be much different to make it work with EFILive assuming there is an API available. My NI interface is for a Thielert Aviation engine, but CAN is CAN for the most part.
    If EFILive handles all the PID information and just pushes(or exposes) raw parameter values one after another to IADS then it would be VERY easy to format and display it in IADS.

Now this is not for everyone, but a Serious dyno shop would be inclined to consider this route as IADS is capable of integrating many different hardware sources at the same time and displaying them. I just say IADS because I have access to it LABView would offer up the same benefits.

Just my $0.2
    -Adam

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Hi Adam,

Well said!

There is currently an unpublished API that can be used to extract data from the FlashScan V1 and V2 devices. However it is not as "user friendly" as it could be so I have not pushed it into "public view" so to speak.

The new V2.5 firmware for FlashScan (currently being beta tested for black box logging) has an all new API that will be publicly exposed to allow exactly what you are suggesting.

P.S. The API is very high level, in that you don't need to deal with anything other than selecting the correct vehicle and the requesting PID data by name i.e. getPid("RPM"), getPid("IAT") etc... Plus functions such as getVIN(), getDTCs().

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

That's what I wanted to hear! In my quest for Tuning software I have wanted a software package that I could integrate with IADS or LabView. They may be expensive software packages north of $4000 a license depending on packages, but well worth the Analysis features.

NOW I know I'm going to integrate the Innovate SDK with IADS AND EFILive so I can read all of my data from one software package - in real time and with Analysis features. This and the fact that it already can read NI/HBM DAQ hardware makes this a complete solution for any tuner.

Imagine having the ability to read (in real time) the MAF velocity converted to CFM vs. Delta P in a crossplot. With your compressor map as a background image in the crossplot and your surge line as an envelope (Limit line) in the cossplot you could quickly establish a visual of % from surge line during any driving condition. This is a VERY VERY nice tuning tool for matching a compressor profile with engine for the most efficient or performance worthy solution. See my IADS object I attached to this post.. I use this along with a Turbo Speed sensor to keep an eye on surge and flutter when pushing smaller turbo and superchargers to there limits.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compc3094.gif 
Views:	253 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	2491
    I actually used this to build a compressor map for a Powerdyne BD600 after they told me none existed for it. It's not worth much to anyone except me since it's based on how it flows through a Saturn LLO 1.9L head.

please make the RTACS data application factor adjustable.
    i see in post #10 here
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6885
    it is by default multiplied.
    the option to add, subtract, and multiply in
    whatever order you choose would be very helpful.

Talking Wish List

Wish List

BCM programming, or toggling factory options would be awesome to say the least. I have lost count on the number of people that have asked to have option s toggled or disabled on their BCM.

The ability to not just receive data but to send over the data bus. for example test gauges to see if the fault is with sender vs gauge. Basically have more features that would compare with a Tech2.

The ability to permanently install a wide band into a vehicle and tune the PCM to a specific air/fuel ratio based on throttle, load, gear, etc.

Wifi or Bluetooth capabilities with V2 would be kick A** maybe thru sd card adapter? pull tunes from computer to V2 and send BB logs to computer. etc.

A repository on EFIlive's site would be nice.

ability to set trigger points based on rpm,wot,shift,etc to ground unused output pins on PCM (not just cos)

electric fan output pin option for all os

ability to have to spark tables, that would serve as a high octane version and a low octane version, with a grounded pin to toggle between them.
    Many customers want a low octane tune, and a high octane tune.

Long enough list?
    90% of people are fools
    9% of people are somewhat smart and depend on the
    1% that know how to use EFIlive.

I'd like to be able to view Max values in the dash 'B' (chart) page as well as current/realtime values so straight after a hard or WOT run I can see what 'happened' rather than having to watch the laptop as I'm planting the foot at excessive speeds.....not that I'd ever do that!
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

98 K1500 'HOLDEN' Suburban.
    Custom Whipple SC, Mercruiser Marine intake, 0411 PCM, 4L80E w/shift kit

Lifetime Member

• What I think would be useful for TuneTool is notes that are specific to the tune file open. Currently, the user notes are the same no matter what file you have open. Tune file specific notes means easier and faster resolutions and troubleshooting. If someone changes something in a tune they can log it convienently and it will show on the table page which they changed!! Like an advanced file history...

• Another useful thing might be to have two variables for one table in one map page. If you notice some tables will have a P/N and a D table variables in one chart. Look at {B4606} to see what I am talking about. You can't make a map like that in ScanTool, currently. You should be able to make maps displayed in TuneTool in your ScanTool ALSO!

Both of those would be easy to implement without causing Paul much expense and would improve the quality of the product.

I am trying to think of the small stuff here.
    Last edited by 2002_z28_six_speed; January 18th, 2008 at 07:50 PM.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast