Thread: Twin Everything Duramax Diesel is alive!!!

Default Twin Everything Duramax Diesel is alive!!!

I sent the truck up to Merchant's Spring Fling in Holland, MI with my brother and his good friend. I have not had a chance to make a big tune for the truck since I had some boost leaks to fix. The leaks got fixed on Friday morning and I blew the intercooler boot off the stock charger about 5 times. I was a little disappointed. I wanted to turn it up to get some good numbers, but could not do it. My brother decided to take the truck anyway. I loaded my best guess for something safe and powerful and he headed out. At MA, Blake fixed the intercooler pipe so the boot did not blow off. Thank you for fixing that Blake!! The boot has stayed on and here are the results:

It rolled 672 hp on Dunbar's dyno uncorrected. I thought it was low, so I asked my brother to run it at the track. He has never raced a diesel, so he was kind of scared. I did not know how it would shift, so he left the co pilot off. Since he was not planning on racing, it was at full street weight with nothing taken off. No spring clamps, no traction bars. The guys from the MA spring fling helped him lower the t-bars and he ran it with the half worn 33x12.5x17 Dick Cepek FC-II's on H2's.

First pass: 12.03 @ 118.4 MPH
    Second pass: 11.84 @ 118.4 MPH
    Third pass: 11.81 @ 118.2

Not to bad for a Duramax on #2 only!! I'll post the slips and the video when I get it.

Huge thanks to my brother for taking my truck up there for me. YOU ROCK, Joe!!

I'm very impressed with this truck. The MA motor ran great and these twin turbos from Maximized Performance make killer power with the DonM sticks and ATS Twin CP3's. I have about 4,500 miles on the motor now and I'm getting over 16mpg consistently with my best a shade over 18mpg. I could not be happier with how the truck tows and drives. The more I drive it, the more I fall in love with this truck. Thanks to EFI Live, I can run it on the street and race it with the flip of a switch!!

Thanks to all my friends and family that have put up with me over the past several months. You people are the reason I kept at building this truck. Without you, it would not be running like it does now!
    2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com

Twin everything sounds good!.
    Doesn't matter what engine it is or what vehicle it is, an 11 second pass is fast! But you guys doing it in 'trucks' makes it all the more impressive.
    Sounds like you have a fun racing season ahead..

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com