Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems linking the scanner and the editor

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by emarkay
    Dunno, but 3 well-versed users having same prob, leads me to think some clue needs to be added somewhere. Is this possible, maybe as a roll over or maybe some "if no workee, try the following..." box???

MRK
    I would think we need to standardise the installation for a newby ( and us dumb ass oldy's) so it asks upo installation if you want metric and imperial , also some added setup options upon installation - ie do you want to ue your defualt pids dash etc .

I seem to have lost the option to automatically validated pids on startup - what setting have I forgotten ?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emarkay
    Dunno, but 3 well-versed users having same prob, leads me to think some clue needs to be added somewhere. Is this possible, maybe as a roll over or maybe some "if no workee, try the following..." box???

MRK
    Hmmm, I though the same thing - it's even caught me out :oops: :oops:

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delco
    I would think we need to standardise the installation for a newby ( and us dumb ass oldy's) so it asks upo installation if you want metric and imperial , also some added setup options upon installation - ie do you want to ue your defualt pids dash etc .
    The current installer checks for the windows localization setting and if it is "US - English" then all settings default to imperial. Otherwise all settings default to metric.
    The problem really occurs when you change a chart or gauge to metric while leaving the default PID settings (on the [Data F8]) tab page.

I seem to have lost the option to automatically validated pids on startup - what setting have I forgotten ?
    PIDs will only be auto validated when a VIN is encountered that has not been encountered before. Only the first 9 and 11th chars/digits are used in the comparison. (the 10th is a checkdigit and 12-17 are a sequence number which are all ignored).

You can manually re-validate PIDs with Shift+F2.
    or delete all the *.vpl files - that will cause PID validation to occur for each new VIN type, because no matching *.vpl (validated pid list) files will be found.

Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    The current installer checks for the windows localization setting and if it is "US - English" then all settings default to imperial. Otherwise all settings default to metric.
    The problem really occurs when you change a chart or gauge to metric while leaving the default PID settings (on the [Data F8]) tab page.

Thanks for that Paul , I will delete that file because lately it is coming up with lots of invalid pids unless I validate them - my version has been played with that many times I should delete it and start fro a fresh installation :oops:
    PIDs will only be auto validated when a VIN is encountered that has not been encountered before. Only the first 9 and 11th chars/digits are used in the comparison. (the 10th is a checkdigit and 12-17 are a sequence number which are all ignored).

You can manually re-validate PIDs with Shift+F2.
    or delete all the *.vpl files - that will cause PID validation to occur for each new VIN type, because no matching *.vpl (validated pid list) files will be found.

Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12