Thread: LMM Tuning

Default LMM Tuning

I’m just wondering if I could get some help with my LMM?

1.Is it a good idea to mess around with the boost control parameters? If so, do you need to set target boost and vane position or is there an easier way?

2.I’ve noticed that the truck is a dog off the line. The stock vane position is around 85% at low RPM. Would It help to lower the vane position or lower the target boost level?

3.Conversely, when pulling, the truck likes to shift up and run at a lower RPM than my LB7. The problem is that the boost levels are low, and the EGT’s are high. Could I adjust the boost parameters to increase boost in my pulling RPM.

Last- how is the best way to disable the EGR? It looks like I can just set the maximum engine temp to below operating temp. Again is this even a good idea?

Hopefully we will be able to get rid of the DPF soon. I have a line of people wanting me to help them disable these things.

Dpf?
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

Default Diesel Particulate Filter

Just be glad you don't have one.

O ya. The new emissions crap. Add's 3 g's to the price of the truck. That's why I bought an '07 Classic!!
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

the higher the vane position the more boost you will get. i change the whole vane position around because i couldn't stand the whisle noise at idle.

I have been messing around with the boost tables quite a bit. I couldn’t stand the turbo lag from the factory. By reducing the turbo position and desired boost under 1500rpm has given me fair results.

Everybody has mixed opinions on the subject though. Some people add more low end fuel and boost to reduced lag. It seems to me that the low end boost is more of an emissions thing, and by reducing the amount of exhaust restriction especially with a cat and dpf will help quick spooling. Just My .02 though.

my lmm with ppe is a dog
    i ordered efi i want to change this.
    i want pick up like the lb7's and lbz's had