I decided that I would let my friend use my laptop and V2 setup for an upcoming road course event that he is going to so he can do some logs. Anyways, I was messing around with it last nite, setting up the PIDs and dashboard configuration that I thought would suit him best for this event (temps and such.)

Well, I got his stuff all setup and labeled for him, since I won't be there to guide him through it. I also decided to lock all of my stuff so he couldn't accidently save over it or something. Now, the laptop I'm using is a new $500 Acer running Vista. Acer includes their own nifty encryption feature to lock out files w/ a password. Now, I've used this feature in the past to lock out my stock tune so I don't over-write it and it worked out well. I decided to do the same with my favorite PID selection as well as the dashboard layout.

Well, I'm here to advice others....don't do this. I don't know where the mix-up happened, but after encrypting and decrpyting the dashboard file, it lost everything. When you go to open it back up, it just shows a bunch of black, blank gauges that need arranging. So much for that idea.

Anyways, it worked well on the PID selections as well as locking my stock tune so I don't accidentally mess with it, but, don't use it for dashboards. lol.

Live and learn.