Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LC-1 widband hook up

Default LC-1 widband hook up

can someone please help out a dummy? I have the LC-1 and have no idea how to make it work with this flashscan. I tried to do the step by step instructions found in the fourms here by cut and pasting it into the file as shown but I couldn't find the pid afterwords. also, on which prong should the Neg side of the wideband go into on the cable? the left side or right side? I need to go to the classes you are having but that's isnt for a while and would like to use the widband please help me thanks Ace68.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

You will probably need to uncheck the "Supported" check box in the [Data(F8)] tab page in order to see your new PID. It also makes it easier to see all your calculated PIDs by selecting (Calculated) in the System drop down list box.

If it has a red (or grey) cross through the icon then it is "not supported" for some reason. You can see the reason by right clicking on it and selecting "More info...".
    Usually the reason wil be that you have not selected the required {EXT.AD1} or {EXT.AD2} PID.
    If that is the case then choose "External" from the System drop down list box and select the {EXT.AD1} and {EXT.AD2} PIDs (it does not matter if they are both selected).
    Then go back to the (Calculated) PIDs and see if the cross has gone from your wide band O2 PID.

The 3 pin plug is for A/D voltages (i.e. wide band input) see image for pin descriptions.

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flashscan_pinouts.gif 
Views:	2233 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	91  

yes sir you do man!

bang it's on However, when I did the cut and past did I do it correctly as far as getting the proper air fuel because it is reading a mesurment of 12.1 at idel here is my file

# ================================================== ============================
    # File details
    # ------------
    #
    # This section defines various details about the file format.

*FILE

#Parameter Value Description
    #---------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------
    VERSION 7.1.1 File version
    DECSEP . Decimal separator used in this file

# ================================================== ============================
    # Units
    # -------------------
    # See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *UNITS section

*UNITS

#Code System Abbr Description
    #-------- ---------- -------- ------------------------------------------------------------
    -----
    afr None mafr "my air fuel ratio"

# Add slot definitions here
    # --------------------------------
    # See sae_generic.txt for more information on "SLOT" formats
    #
    #Units Low High Fmt Expression
    #------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------

*CLC-00-001
    AFR 10.0 20.0 .1 "{EXT.AD1}*2+9"

*PRN - Parameter Reference Numbers
    # --------------------------------
    # See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *PRN section
    #
    #Code PRN SLOT Units System Description
    #------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------

CALC.ACME_AFR F001 CLC-00-001 AFR Fuel "my Wide band AFR"

You rock, your flash-scan rocks, me I don't rock so much.

thanks for your help dude you the man!

I think I may need to recalibrate the sensor tomorow because I think when I turned on the software that came with it I recalabrated the unit while it was inside the pipe. it was an mistake on my part. :cry:

Make this thread sticky.

so on SSpdDmon you can just replace the stock sensor with wb? I mean the pcm will still see it as a narrow band and the you can log on efilive as wide? Just got my lc-1 and ready to experiment

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87gmc
    so on SSpdDmon you can just replace the stock sensor with wb? I mean the pcm will still see it as a narrow band and the you can log on efilive as wide? Just got my lc-1 and ready to experiment
    Check out this screen shot of the narrow band simulation from a wide band sensor: http://www.efilive.com/ss/w02_wot.gif

WO2 AFR = wide band
    O2 SIM V = narrow band simulation.

In the bottom chart, the O2 sim is logged next to the actual factory narrow band so you can compare them side by side.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Quote Originally Posted by 87gmc
    Check out this screen shot of the narrow band simulation from a wide band sensor: http://www.efilive.com/ss/w02_wot.gif

WO2 AFR = wide band
    O2 SIM V = narrow band simulation.

In the bottom chart, the O2 sim is logged next to the actual factory narrow band so you can compare them side by side.

Paul
    So paul im guessing this method works? I'm just trying to keep the pcm from going into fits

I 'think' one of the problems is the O2 inputs to the PCM are kinda 'floating' (I might be wrong), but they are not just a simple GND and signal input. The 'Lo' side of the NBO2 output is not tied directly to GND.
    Most of the simulated O2 outputs don't account for that, this can cause problems. I must confess, I've never tried the PLX simulated NBO2 output into a PCM, I have logged it and was impressed how close it tracked to a real NBO2 sensor.

Cheers,
    Ross

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast