Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: LC-1 widband hook up

ok i get you. I'm trying to a figure a way to log my afr on efilive without having to put another hole in the exhaust. i figured if i just replaced the nb with the wb for a few logs there was a way to make the computer think the nb is still there.

Does leaving one of the nb disconneted for a few open loop runs affect the pcm in anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by 87gmc
    so on SSpdDmon you can just replace the stock sensor with wb? I mean the pcm will still see it as a narrow band and the you can log on efilive as wide? Just got my lc-1 and ready to experiment
    The PCM sees the NB output (0.000 to 1.000mV).
    EFILive sees the WB output (0.0 to 5.0V) via the FlashScan AD1 or AD2 input.
    The LC-1 software lets you setup the LC-1 output voltage ranges (0.000 to 1.000mV for NB, 0.0 to 5.0V for WB); see the LC-1 manual.

got it all installed. I put the WB in place of the narrow band then i tapped into the purple wire and hooked that to analog output one. The rest i left going to the hardness for the computer.

Question my narrow band on efilive is showing a constant volts around 448 or so its not switching? Is this normal or is there something else i need to do to make it switch.

Second, wb showing its running very lean when giving it gas at idle.

Third when i go into to the programmer for lc-1 its giving me some outrages voltages numbers and stating it is custom instead of 14.7 i switch it but it seems to always go back to that.

Also just put my nb sensor back in and connected everything back up computer still showing around 440 and hardly no switching, think my sensor took a dump or did i mess it up?

You need to connect the NBO2 sensor ground to the analog ground wire on the LC-1 harness. This way the analog output from the LC1 is referenced to the same ground as the input on the PCM.

If the grounds were not connected together your PCM would likely be getting an inaccurate input from the LC-1 and would try to pull/add fuel to compensate for it, which would explain your wideband reading lean.

I can't explain why the sensor wouldn't be switching even after putting the stocker back in. Go ahead and clear out your LTFTs using the scanner bidi controls and see if that resolves the problem.
    1995 GMC Yukon 4WD 4DR
    5.3 "LMG" engine: E85 with AFM
    6L80e 6 speed automatic transmission

Ok so i use the tan and purple wire. I was missing a wire Thanks for the help.

Figured out why the nb was working wire became lose from where i spliced it back together.

Thanks
    PSWired

Got my LC-1 hooked up this weekend and every thing is working fine. I used the plug under the drivers seat. Has anyone make a copper shield for their LC-1? Is it really needed? I guess it would not hurt.

Now to get some running time. How do you know when you have the VE table correct? I guess the autotune MAP would be 1.00. I am using 13.0 as my Commanded AFR. What will need to be changed after I get the VE table on? Should I keep the MAF? I guess I will need to make sure my PE vs RPM is set correct. What AFR should I go for?

Bill
    2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
    CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
    Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
    VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
    XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
    Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
    Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
    Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune

Like I said on Tech, I like to use a AFR of 14.7 for everything from 122*+ and 15-70kPa. From 75 kPa - 105 kPa I set it to 12.96 and make sure my PE table is disabled by putting all fields to 14.7 or set the map to enable PE at 105. This will make tuning PE cake later as it is almost done already. Ditch the MAF.

Quote Originally Posted by black02ss
    Like I said on Tech, I like to use a AFR of 14.7 for everything from 122*+ and 15-70kPa. From 75 kPa - 105 kPa I set it to 12.96 and make sure my PE table is disabled by putting all fields to 14.7 or set the map to enable PE at 105. This will make tuning PE cake later as it is almost done already. Ditch the MAF.
    Thanks Black02SS. You have been a big help. Now if I could just get my idling to smooth out. It changed after the days started to get hotter and after a CatchPan install.

Bill
    2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
    CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
    Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
    VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
    XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
    Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
    Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
    Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune

I can try and help your issues, but don't want to Hi-jack a thread. Hit me a PM or Email.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast