Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: LC-1 widband hook up

this is the calc_pids.txt I use

# ================================================== ============================
    # File details
    # ------------
    #
    # This section defines various details about the file format.

*FILE

#Parameter Value Description
    #---------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------
    VERSION 7.1.1 File version
    DECSEP . Decimal separator used in this file

# ================================================== ============================
    # Units
    # -------------------
    # See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *UNITS section

*UNITS

#Code System Abbr Description
    #-------- ---------- -------- --------------------------------------------------

# Add slot definitions here
    # --------------------------------
    # See sae_generic.txt for more information on "SLOT" formats
    #
    #Units Low High Fmt Expression
    #------------ ------------- ------------- ---- ---------------------------------
    *CLC-00-001
    V 0.0 5.00 .1 "{EXT.AD1}"
    AFR 10.0 18.0 .2 "({EXT.AD1}*3)+7.35"
    *CLC-00-002
    factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{CALC.AFR_LC11}/{GM.AFR}"

*CLC-00-003
    V 0.0 5.00 .1 "{EXT.AD2}"
    AFR 10.0 18.0 .2 "({EXT.AD2}*3)+7.35"
    *CLC-00-004
    factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{CALC.AFR_LC12}/{GM.AFR}"

*PRN - Parameter Reference Numbers
    # --------------------------------
    # See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *PRN section
    #
    #Code PRN SLOT Units System Description
    #------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ---------------------------------
    CALC.AFR_LC11 F001 CLC-00-001 "V,AFR" Fuel "Wide Band AFR 1 - LC-1"
    CALC.BEN_Lc11 F002 CLC-00-002 factor Fuel "Base Efficiency Numerator 1 - LC-1"
    CALC.AFR_LC12 F003 CLC-00-003 "V,AFR" Fuel "Wide Band AFR 2 - LC-1"
    CALC.BEN_LC12 F004 CLC-00-004 factor Fuel "Base Efficiency Numerator 2 - LC-1"

I also had to update my sae_generic.txt file. I was getting volts for the Ben_LC-1.

Bill
    2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
    CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
    Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
    VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
    XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
    Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
    Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
    Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune

Another dummy here... :oops:

I plan to leave my existing O2s in place and put a bung in for the WO2... so I won't be chopping up any wires to existing O2s. The WO2 must be turned on when the ignition is switched on.... so how have people hooked up their LC-1s to a (switched) 12V source? :?

You 'should' be able to grab 12V from the Std O2 heaters, I don't know if that works but I can't see why it would not.

Because I use the PLX with the display that sits in the car I grabbed 12V from an unused fuse, I don't even remember what fuse it was, but it was something only fitted to the upper level vehicles (Calais etc).

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    You 'should' be able to grab 12V from the Std O2 heaters, I don't know if that works but I can't see why it would not.

Because I use the PLX with the display that sits in the car I grabbed 12V from an unused fuse, I don't even remember what fuse it was, but it was something only fitted to the upper level vehicles (Calais etc).

Cheers,
    Ross
    Thanks Ross.

Btw, the instructions manual states that the fuse should be 5A (min)...

"Connect the 12V supply wire to a switched 12V source in your car. A switched 12V source goes on as soon as the ignition on the car is on. Make sure the connection is fused with a fuse of minimum 5A."

I'll give it a go... hopefully sometime this w/end... or next.

Quote Originally Posted by SSbaby
    I plan to leave my existing O2s in place and put a bung in for the WO2... so I won't be chopping up any wires to existing O2s. The WO2 must be turned on when the ignition is switched on.... so how have people hooked up their LC-1s to a (switched) 12V source? :?
    This thread has an example:
    http://efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1818

You should be able to get a connector (new, or from an old HO2 sensor) and splice the WB02 wires (heater, grounds, NB signal) to it, and then connect to HO2S subharness; so your WBO2 replaces (and simulates) your NB02; and your WB signal goes into the car to connect to your FlashScan; be sure to tie everything down, and route away from exhaust pipes.

Edit: And like Ross said, just connect the controller power/ground to the heater power/ground.

("...don't cut a hole in your headers...")

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX

Cheers,
    Ross
    You may try this if it will be of help to you~

I purchased a small 12v Yuasa gel-filled motorcycle battery, a fused cigarette lighter adapter lead and a black/red jumper lead from Radio Shack. I integrated the working end of the cig. lighter adapter wiring to the battery posts, attached one end of the jumper leads to the same posts~ color corrosponding for safety and attached the other end of the jumper leads to the power source input on the LM-1.

This allows the LM-1 to be fully warmed up, calibrated and operating when you first turn the key so you can record start-up data, that would otherwise re-start the LM-1's warm-up routine from the interrupted power it would typically get during engine cranking without the battery's intervention.

The battery then in turn stays fully charged while the LM-1 is in use because it receives it's re-charge current from the vehicle's charging system and one never has to worry about export sensor data being skewed due to low input device voltage. It remains at a steady 13.3-14.0 v at all times. Also, using a redundant battery in the system provides voltage dampening of the input current to the LM-1, which also increases it's overall accuracy.

I've done this with my system and it works very well.
    HTH's

-Roland

Quote Originally Posted by joecar

This thread has an example:
    http://efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1818

You should be able to get a connector (new, or from an old HO2 sensor) and splice the WB02 wires (heater, grounds, NB signal) to it, and then connect to HO2S subharness; so your WBO2 replaces (and simulates) your NB02; and your WB signal goes into the car to connect to your FlashScan; be sure to tie everything down, and route away from exhaust pipes.

("...don't cut a hole in your headers...")

Personally, I'm not if favour of replacing my stock O2s as the WO2s have a reduced lifespan... from my understanding. However, I was considering your approach and thinking of purchasing 2 WO2s and daisy chaining one off the other... as an alternative option.

Quote Originally Posted by SSbaby
    Personally, I'm not if favour of replacing my stock O2s as the WO2s have a reduced lifespan... from my understanding. However, I was considering your approach and thinking of purchasing 2 WO2s and daisy chaining one off the other... as an alternative option.
    If you want to run it just to tune, then replace the stock sensor with the wideband and tune the car in open loop. Then, put the stock sensor back in when you're done tuning and return to closed loop.

I've successfully used the Bosch wideband sensor from a VW motor car application with very good durability when used in a permanant location such as used for narrow-band emulation to the GM PCM.

The number on the sensor is #021-906-262. Given the known durability of VW's (and German vehicle engineering in general) I suspect that this sensor should fair well for accuracy in the long term, especially since VW includes these in their production-oriented standard passenger cars that commonly exceed a hundred thousand miles within their useful life span. The cost for these sensors is just under a $100 and they can be found at any local VW dealer across the country.

FYI if interested.

- Roland

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast