Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issues with my truck

Default Issues with my truck

I bought a 2004 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 with a 6.0L and 4L80E combo.

It has some light mods done to the powertrain.

-Full Bassani exhaust from the headers back.
    -K&N cold air kit
    -Small 210/218 .551/.551 on a 116*
    -And a stall of unknow origins. Somewhere around 2800-3000 I would guess.

My Parents drove the truck back from FL a couple weeks ago with out any problems. I have been driving it every since. I got caught is a huge down pour of a rain storm and splashed aot of water up inot the engine bay of the truck. Every sice the rain strom my truck has had a low rpm low load miss. It just happens upon take off and when the truck kicks down into OD cruising. I have changed the plugs and wires, and it did not help.

EFI/LIVE scan shows I have DTC's:
    P0135 "02S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1"

EFI/LIVE systems test reluts show I have one 1 sensor heater bad.

I put in a new OE replacment O2 sensor. Bank 1 is reading lean. I checked the system test and all is showing good.

DTC:
    P0171 "Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1"

For the sake of argument I swapped the driver front O2 with the passenger front O2 and it is still the same thing. Bank 1 is Lean. I dont understand how Bank 1 is super lean and Bank 2 is only slightly lean. I mean it idles at 21% on Bank 1 and 2.3% on Bank 2.

Something has to give.avent set up my PID tables yet or doen any real tunning on the truck. I just found it odd to be off by so much from the driverside bank or the passenger side bank. I have checked for leaks and everything. I am at a loss.

Okay I got to messing with the truck some more. I may have an exhaust leak where the header meats the transistion pipe to the Hi Flow CAT. It is tight but I think it is out of alingment. I bounced the truck through a decent size ditch a few days ago. That is about the time this all started. I got under the truck earler and there is an audible ticking comimg from the area of the header to transistion pipe ball and socket flange. I am gonna drive the wifes Tahoe to work tonight and work on the truck in the morning.

Sounds plausible, those DTC's even make sense now... lean on one bank is usually an exhaust leak.

Well I checked for exhaust leaks. Didnt find any major ones. Tightened everything up and still no luck solving the issues. I took the truck to the Local Dyno Shop. A buddy owns the place and I told him to find the problem, fix it and then do a complete WB tune on the truck and call me when he gets done.

I dont have time to mess with it.

There might be water in the pcm connections. Sometimes when people put in there pcms if they get a tuned one, forget or dont put in the orange seals in correctly, so water gets in and then causes weird issues until the water dries.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

I am sure Jessie an dhis guys will figure it out. They do alot of the LS1 performance stuff localy. They know thier stuff. I would have done it but have been working 7 days a week and just got stuck on 3rd shift so my schedule is all screwed up.

Let us know what it turns out to be.

Will do

upadte. Found a dead injector on the #7 cyclinder. Ordered a new injector and tunning will start soon.

So did the new injector fix it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast