Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mileage Increase on Trucks

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
    So far I havent noticed anything from adding timing in part throttle non pe.

You can experiment with it but I don't think it will help.

I think the factory timing would be the best timing, except the timing in PE high throttle beucase the stock tune is always consiveritive in the high load regions.
    You might not feel it seat of the pants, but a load bearing dyno definitely shows a worthwhile power gain at part throttle.

Justin

Ok I feel like a moron! Could one of you help me out a little, what part of the timing table should I adjust? And how far should I adjust those sections? I understand the diesel side of the house, but gas is much differant to me.

Tony
    Mine2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, D/A. 4in MBRP exhaust, AFE Stage II w/Amsoil Ea air filter, ISSPRO boost/Pyro guages, PPE Boost Valve, EFI Live V2, Maximum OD Stage 2 Trans, Amsoil throughout, AirDog150, modded intake horn.

540HP/1056TQ
    Dyno'd Danville Performance
    April 5th 2011

Hers: 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali, Flowmaster 40 with a bullet style resonator in the back, EFI Live with the help of JoeCar and other great members here.

Lifetime Member

I would just add timing in the fuel mixture correction table. So it only adds timing in PE. I think that timing at part throttle cruise is fine the way it is stock, but the stock tune dosent have enough timing at high throttle/ pe mode.

What is PE mode?
    Mine2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, D/A. 4in MBRP exhaust, AFE Stage II w/Amsoil Ea air filter, ISSPRO boost/Pyro guages, PPE Boost Valve, EFI Live V2, Maximum OD Stage 2 Trans, Amsoil throughout, AirDog150, modded intake horn.

540HP/1056TQ
    April 5th 2011

Hers: 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali, Flowmaster 40 with a bullet style resonator in the back, EFI Live with the help of JoeCar and other great members here.

Lifetime Member

PE= Power Enrichment mode, think of it as WOT mode where fueling is completely Open Loop via PE tables (and if negative? LTFTs fuel is added) and the NBO2s are disregarded.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

So what adjustments should I make to the PE table?

Tony

540HP/1056TQ
    April 5th 2011

Lifetime Member

You can start with probably about 2-3 degrees. Don't add more than that in the 3600-4800 rpm regions where peak torque is. So add a little more in the 2400-3400rpm regions becuase their is less airflow in thoes regions.

The stock tunes (especiall for trucks) always seem to drop timing as the rpms increase. For the stock cam (trucks) it looses a lot above 5400rpms so I think a lot more timing can be added above 5400 becuase airmass drops so much above that.

From what I have learned if air going into the engine is low you will need more spark advance but if you have more airmass going in their will be more compression and less timing needed becuase of the faster burn rate.

So basically a timing table should look about like an inverse of the ve table.

I hope this helps you.

I have a 2007 Chevy Express 2500 Extended Van /w 6.0L that I haul in.
    I have the commanded AFR set at 15.5, added 4 degrees timing across
    the board in the high octane table, made the dfco just a bit more
    aggressive (couldn't do much because EFILive can not adjust the
    cut off point on this vehicle), tightened the tranny, and did an auto-ve.
    I went from around 13.5-14 to 17-17.5 so far. Oh yeah, the cats
    somehow leaked out of the exhaust. I'm still looking for more though.
    Wolfie
    LS1B 2007 Express 6.0 /w 470,000+ miles (parked as of 01April2011)

Quote Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
    You can start with probably about 2-3 degrees. Don't add more than that in the 3600-4800 rpm regions where peak torque is. So add a little more in the 2400-3400rpm regions becuase their is less airflow in thoes regions.

The stock tunes (especiall for trucks) always seem to drop timing as the rpms increase. For the stock cam (trucks) it looses a lot above 5400rpms so I think a lot more timing can be added above 5400 becuase airmass drops so much above that.

From what I have learned if air going into the engine is low you will need more spark advance but if you have more airmass going in their will be more compression and less timing needed becuase of the faster burn rate.

So basically a timing table should look about like an inverse of the ve table.

I hope this helps you.
    What table should I do this in?

Tony

540HP/1056TQ
    April 5th 2011

Lifetime Member

B5908 is the fuel spark correction table. It will add/subtract timing based on what air fuel ratio the engine is running at. Meaning it will add timing when in PE mode becuase in PE mode the fuel mixture is richer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast