Thread: E85 Os???

Lifetime Member

Default E85 Os???

I am wondering if it is possible for my 1999+ PCM to be able to identify E85 somehow. I would like to be able to run more then the 19 psi I get now from regular 93 octane.

I run a custom OS right now with 3 bar for my twin turbo Chevelle.

Any info on this??
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    1000 HP 93 octane street car!
    96 lb injectors

I played with it a little, however, i had to run one more pump than normal so i didnt have a pressure drop AND i had to go up 20pound per hour on my injectors to keep up with the 9:1 airfuel that was needed to make it run right. To run the software, i just used the Custom os#5 to command 4 MORE degrees of timing everywhere when i was using it, and used the ve multipliers ect to fix fueling. So when i flipped a switch, i was running for e90 then when the switch was off, it was set up for 94.

My problem was though, Gas mileage went down dramatically, and power gains where minimal, So it wasnt worth the hassle for me. I just stuck with Meth injection instead after it all..... 28LBS of boost is what i was running, But now i have moved it to Just 8psi, so at least now i can enjoy the car and drive it more.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Lifetime Member

I suppose I will need V2 to load OS5. I am really suprised you could not make more power, In my case it may help seeing I do not use meth. Ultimitly, If I mess with it I want it to be read just like the new flexfuel vehicles do. I need to do more digging.
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    1000 HP 93 octane street car!
    96 lb injectors

Quote Originally Posted by nitrorocket
    I suppose I will need V2 to load OS5. I am really suprised you could not make more power, In my case it may help seeing I do not use meth. Ultimitly, If I mess with it I want it to be read just like the new flexfuel vehicles do. I need to do more digging.
    To make it "auto-detect" like the factory setups, you would need a computer and harness WITH the fuel composition sensor out of an 03+ vehicle. Then you could load a OS, (I think there are some COS for the flexfuel OS's) out of a FF vehicle and tune from there, but you defiantly need that sensor, and to buy one from the dealer I think is around $600 . I want to play with E85, but the nearest station to me that sells the stuff is 60 miles away and I would have to have different tune for the about of E85 I am running since my truck is an 01 and not FF :(.

Look up RUNN on LS1 tech, hes has a writeup on how he converted to E85, linked in his sig.
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo