Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help.....I have a few questions...

Default Help.....I have a few questions...

Ok here goes...

1. How do you scale youre IFR table to youre Injectors... I.E 36#, 42# ect...

Im upgrading to a bigger motor and I might have to go with 42# injectors...

2. How do you scale youre MAF table.

3. In auto VE tuning, since I have a 2001 car corvette I have a 5 wire maf.. How do I rewire the IAT sensor so I can unplug the MAF, and attempt to try auto VE tuning....

4. When I follow the auto VE tuning steps, Will my commanded AFR match my WB AFR??? After scaleing the MAF and IFR tables...

I do have an LC-1 in the car....

I had the help of a fellow member here teach me a few tricks, but id like my commanded fuel in open loop to match my WB AFR..

Also when Im at the track Id like to only mess with the PE vs. RPM table to controll WOT fueling... Is this possible to do??... Id like it to be as simple as possible to change my WOT fueling while at the track or on the street...

Also Is there a way to tune the VE table with-out going the auto-VE route...
    Im sure auto-VE would be best, but just curious if there is other ways of doing it..

Thanks....
    Last edited by WiseGuyZ06; July 6th, 2007 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseGuyZ06
    Ok here goes...

1. How do you scale youre IFR table to youre Injectors... I.E 36#, 42# ect...

Right click > Save Target As... http://www.marcintology.com/tuning/injectors.xls

Im upgrading to a bigger motor and I might have to go with 42# injectors...

2. How do you scale youre MAF table.

The same way you adjust the VE table - by using the BEN for your wideband. You need to create a MAP in the scanner that looks like the table you're trying to change in the tuning software (i.e. MAF, VE, etc.).

3. In auto VE tuning, since I have a 2001 car corvette I have a 5 wire maf.. How do I rewire the IAT sensor so I can unplug the MAF, and attempt to try auto VE tuning....

You don't need to unplug the MAF. You just change the Fail Frequency (high=1hz and low=13,000hz) so the PCM thinks the MAF isn't working. Make sure to change the number of failures to 1 too. It should be under MAF in the System folder (A/C and Fans are there too).

4. When I follow the auto VE tuning steps, Will my commanded AFR match my WB AFR??? After scaleing the MAF and IFR tables...

AutoVE assumes the IFR table is set according to the injectors you have. In other words, you set it once and go. Once the VE and MAF are dialed in, yes your commanded AFR should match your WB AFR.

I do have an LC-1 in the car....

I had the help of a fellow member here teach me a few tricks, but id like my commanded fuel in open loop to match my WB AFR.

Keep in mind what we did and what AutoVE is trying to accomplish are two different thought processes.

Also when Im at the track Id like to only mess with the PE vs. RPM table to controll WOT fueling... Is this possible to do??... Id like it to be as simple as possible to change my WOT fueling while at the track or on the street...

Assuming your VE and MAF are dialed in properly, commanded @ WOT (i.e. PE) should match your WB AFR. If it's off, you can fudge it to get the desired AFR. But, commanded will not match WB AFR at that point.

Also Is there a way to tune the VE table with-out going the auto-VE route...
    Im sure auto-VE would be best, but just curious if there is other ways of doing it..

Some have said GM developed the VE table based on MAF readings. Right now, AutoVE is the easiest way of determining the right VE values.

Thanks....

Cool you are the man ^^^^^^^ sspdmon...

couple more questions......

so, set the HIGH and LOW FAIL 1 to the 1hz and 13,000hz

and the HIGH and LOW LIMITS to 1.... correct???

What about commanded fuel when in open loop... does that need to change as well.... or do I set it leaner in the wot cells then my pe table...

If I remember you said that it will take the richer of the two... is that correct??...
    Last edited by WiseGuyZ06; July 7th, 2007 at 09:02 AM.

I also notice when im at the track the A/F dosent settle in into the 12.8 range untill 2nd gear.... 1st gear its a little leaner like 13.2ish... but 2nd & 3rd gear like butter 12.5- 12.8 AFR across the board... why is this???

I was told AFR really matters in 2nd and 3rd gear anyways... is this true... the car runs awesome... I could prob do a -3% in the IFR table... as apposed to the -4% we did...

what u think???
    Last edited by WiseGuyZ06; July 7th, 2007 at 10:00 AM.

Also the red top injectors are 30# or 32#...????

They are 30#.

^^^thanks

Cool you are the man ^^^^^^^ sspdmon...

couple more questions......

so, set the HIGH and LOW FAIL 1 to the 1hz and 13,000hz

and the HIGH and LOW LIMITS to 1.... correct???

What about commanded fuel when in open loop... does that need to change as well.... or do I set it leaner in the wot cells then my pe table...

If I remember you said that it will take the richer of the two... is that correct??...
    Yes - MAF numbers right.

Comm. Fueling in Open Loop - 154*F and up should be set to 14.63 for all MAP columns. PE should be set as desired (i.e. 13.0).

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
    Yes - MAF numbers right.

Comm. Fueling in Open Loop - 154*F and up should be set to 14.63 for all MAP columns. PE should be set as desired (i.e. 13.0).

Cool....hell yeah

Does comm. fuel in open loop stay that way permantley...when auto ve is done???

Cool....hell yeah

Does comm. fuel in open loop stay that way permantley...when auto ve is done???
    It can or you can put it back to stock. It's more or less how you want to run your car...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast