Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When is V2 coming out?

Default When is V2 coming out?

I am ready to take the plunge and purchase the commercial version but I was wondering if I should hold out for the new FLASHSCAN interface v2 or just get v1 now?

The increase in the number of external inputs is the real factor in making me wait.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by BLASTER
    I am ready to take the plunge and purchase the commercial version but I was wondering if I should hold out for the new FLASHSCAN interface v2 or just get v1 now?

The increase in the number of external inputs is the real factor in making me wait.

Any suggestions?
    No one knows for sure when V2 will make its appearance for sure. It looks like there will be some new info (including pricing) available on the new website when it gets changed over.

All I can really say is: If you want to tune now and V1 will do everything you want then you may as well buy now. If you aren't desperate (who isn't) and can wait or really need some of the additional V2 functionality then wait. To offset that comment... You can bet that your investment won't be lost if you bought now. The EFILive guys know how to look after customers in my experience!

I guess it really comes do to how and when you need it.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Beside getting rid of the laptop what will be teh advantage of V2? Is it worth me for me to upgrade from 1.2? Will the 1.2 be able to tune allison and ls2?

Quote Originally Posted by 87gmc
    Beside getting rid of the laptop what will be teh advantage of V2? Is it worth me for me to upgrade from 1.2? Will the 1.2 be able to tune allison and ls2?
    1.2 will definitely not be able to do LS2 because it doesn't do the CAN protocol, not sure about 'allison'.

Couple of the things I really like about V2 (cause basically I love it all) is the SD memory card that will allow black box logging for days/years. So in my case I can log all my drives with no laptop at all and have a much happier wife

There is a speaker which sounds like it can be linked to an event, for example KR. My current dash page has a linked sound to KR so that will substitute nicely as well it seems.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

So If I wanted to upgrade from my Flashscan cable, I have the comm version, to the new V2 it will cost 299 initially and the vins I have on my current tool will be switched over when I send in my cable. SO for 299 I can get the new tool right? And will it be a com version or will it be a personal.

Quote Originally Posted by ace68
    So If I wanted to upgrade from my Flashscan cable, I have the comm version, to the new V2 it will cost 299 initially and the vins I have on my current tool will be switched over when I send in my cable. SO for 299 I can get the new tool right? And will it be a com version or will it be a personal.
    Initial upgrade cost is US$299 for the first month, then going to to what will be the regular US$399.

The version of FlashScan (i.e. Personal, Commercial or Workshop) will remain unchanged.

From what I understand the V1.2 cable will need to be sent to EFILive (or perhaps a reseller/distributor?) to have the VIN's transferred. This is required because I guess they simply can not tell how many of the issues VIN's you have actually used

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Aside from the key features Tordne pointed out, the V2 interface will expand the number of external devices you can connect. Is it worth it for you to upgrade, depends on what your needs are.

Wow what a deal. Sounds too good to be true but it's all real.

Man, what a deal So glad I didn't go the HPT route. April won't come fast enough for me

I can wait, no I can't, yes I can, no I can't, yes I can, no I can't, yes I can, no I can't, yes I can, no I can't, yes I can't, no I can....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast