Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LC-1 and FlashScan

if you were using the wrong calc, you should re-do the autotune.

I brough my wires up through the plug on the drivers side. I then spliced into the pink wire that runs right by the drivers seat. I also used the ground that is right in front left of the drivers seat. I used a 5 amp fuse for the power. I then ran my wires back through the slit in the carpet under the driver seat. If you have a power seat you will see the power connection for the seat. I connected my FlashScan under the seat and brought the USB connection to the pass seat to connect to my notebook. It works OK right now. I might try to run the wires into the dash later.

Bill
    2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
    CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
    Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
    VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
    XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
    Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
    Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
    Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune

Quote Originally Posted by BowlingSS
    I brough my wires up through the plug on the drivers side. I then spliced into the pink wire that runs right by the drivers seat. I also used the ground that is right in front left of the drivers seat. I used a 5 amp fuse for the power. I then ran my wires back through the slit in the carpet under the driver seat. If you have a power seat you will see the power connection for the seat. I connected my FlashScan under the seat and brought the USB connection to the pass seat to connect to my notebook. It works OK right now. I might try to run the wires into the dash later.

Bill
    But, isn't that a full-time power source if you tap into the power seat? I was under the impression you need a "switched" 12v source that only works with the key in the run position. Otherwise, your O2 heater is constantly powered, which can affect the life of the sensor and may drain your battery faster. Am I off on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon

Bill
    But, isn't that a full-time power source if you tap into the power seat? I was under the impression you need a "switched" 12v source that only works with the key in the run position. Otherwise, your O2 heater is constantly powered, which can affect the life of the sensor and may drain your battery faster. Am I off on this one?
    SSpdDmon is correct -> battery'll drain overnite unless your 02S heater source is switched.

Bill
    The wire I used was switched. I did not use the power seat power wire. The wire I used was in the wiring harness that went by the seat.

Bill
    2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
    CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
    Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
    VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
    XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
    Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
    Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
    Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune

you can also use the wiring harness off an old O2 sensor, plug it in to the rear O2 connector, and use the switched 12VDC power from there.

HOWEVER, do not use the ground from that location - Only the power!

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    you can also use the wiring harness off an old O2 sensor, plug it in to the rear O2 connector, and use the switched 12VDC power from there.

Why not? It goes to a central ground...the same one all four NBO2's go to. To date, I haven't had issues with it. Should I be concerned??

Why not? It goes to a central ground...the same one all four NBO2's go to. To date, I haven't had issues with it. Should I be concerned??

If your's is working, I'd say that's AWESOME... My LC1 didn't care for it. Once I the white and blue wire tied to chassis ground, everything fell into place.

If your's is working, I'd say that's AWESOME... My LC1 didn't care for it. Once I the white and blue wire tied to chassis ground, everything fell into place.
    Thank you for the ground idea.
    I thought I had a bad sensor, had tried heater cal and free air several times.
    Could not get a solid glow from the led.
    It would set a 2 or 4 error, and sometimes it would blink very erratic

I then read all the LC-1 stuff on here, found this thread.
    unplugged the ground from the narrowband heater ground
    hooked it to a glovebox screw for a quick check
    and BAM, blinking for warm-up then solid

thanks alot for your post

Quote Originally Posted by mistermike
    Above is incorrect. The LC-1 outputs 0V @ 7.35 AFR not 0.5 V as originally thought.

What are the correct numbers to put in the sae_generic file?

i searched and im finding different results

Is it 0v-5v and 10-18afr or 7.35-18afr? or something different and is the calculation still -5}*3.3418)+7.35 ?

thanks

98' White TA A4 TSP 231/237 PP Stage II 59cc heads
    401rwhp (unlocked) 1.594 60'-11.60 e.t.-116.98 mph
    ---------
    98' Sport Gold Metallic TA M6 - 13.39 e.t. Bone Stock
    My Trans Ams
    ---------
    2006 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 5.3L LS4 (wifes car) stock (for now)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast