Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maps and pids....

Default Maps and pids....

I get asked often what to log and what to map out in the scanner. Attached below are copies of my MAPs and PIDs folder. Have at it folks...

Maybe a few others could post up their stuff and we could drop this in the stickies???

**EDIT** Due to tech. diff. with the upload feature, I had to change the extension on the attached files. They are .zip files. Right click, save target as to your hard drive. Then, change the extension to maps.zip and pids.zip and it should work.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SSpdDmon; July 9th, 2007 at 01:59 PM.

I think this would be an excellent sticky!

Thank you, SSpdDmon! This is fantastic.

EDIT: I pulled the comment Beer99C5 quotes (while he was typing!) because I realized you'd alread identified them! I think some guidance as to which logically work together might be helpful (some were obvious to me but only because I have been staring at this stuff for months now and I'm starting to get it. ) A "library" of useful components on forum, along with some very brief helpful hints would be a tremendous supplement to the tutorials and would assist people (myself included) in finguring out how to figure stuff out!)
    Last edited by gto_in_nc; July 9th, 2007 at 02:33 PM.
    2004 Pontiac GTO - Quicksilver/red/m6
    1-of-344

Quote Originally Posted by gto_in_nc
    I think this would be an excellent sticky! Perhaps some more knowlegable than I can create several flavors? Such as "VE-centric", "Looking for Lost Spark", "Chasing Economy", a shotgun "I need to ask for help!" set, etc.

X2

1999 C5 A-4 Convertible
    1 of 245 Nassua Blue 99 Vert's, Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 42 # Injectors, Two Stage Nitrous System- Dry and a Wet Plate, EFI Live Scan/Tune V2, 1999 PCM with 2002 COS 5 OS Custom Nitrous Panel.

Maine USA

Didnt work for me.... Maby im stupid??? excel wont open it...

Default They are Zip files

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
    They are .zip files. Right click, save target as to your hard drive. Then, change the extension to maps.zip and pids.zip and it should work.
    Rename them w/ .zip
    1999 C5 A-4 Convertible
    1 of 245 Nassua Blue 99 Vert's, Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 42 # Injectors, Two Stage Nitrous System- Dry and a Wet Plate, EFI Live Scan/Tune V2, 1999 PCM with 2002 COS 5 OS Custom Nitrous Panel.

Maine USA

Quote Originally Posted by Beer99C5
    Rename them w/ .zip
    And then copy them from the ZIP to some other folder. (Scan tries to open the ZIP files themselves rather than view them as compressed folders...)

still confused... I hate thes computer shit!!!

When you click the attachments in SSpdDmon's post above, it probably asks if you want to open or save. Say "Save". When you save, either save them as Excel spreadsheets (with the .XLS extension) and then rename them to have a .ZIP extension, OR you can do the rename in the same step as the "save".

The problem is that the files aar ZIP files but the forum doesn't allow uploading ZIP files. SSpdDmon got around this by pretending they were Excel spreadsheets...

Make sense so far?

Then, after getting them saved as ZIP files, you will need to extract the contents from them because ScanTool doesn't know how to look inside a compressed folder. If you have a modern operating system, you can probably browse into the ZIP files and then just copy & past or drag & drop. If an old OS on your computer, you may need something like WinZIP to open the ZIP files.

Follow me?

Quote Originally Posted by gto_in_nc
    Then, after getting them saved as ZIP files, you will need to extract the contents from them because ScanTool doesn't know how to look inside a compressed folder. If you have a modern operating system, you can probably browse into the ZIP files and then just copy & past or drag & drop. If an old OS on your computer, you may need something like WinZIP to open the ZIP files.

Follow me?
    Yes I just got it.. saved as a zip, opened the scanner and moved the zip files to the scanner map files folder and it worked... Then opened it... thanks sspdmon...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast