Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't flash to COS!?

Lifetime Member

Default Can't flash to COS!?

When I open normal tuning files I have the options to read, program cal, and program cal + OS under the flash menu. When I open COS tuning files those options are usually blanked out.

I even tried to flash to COS 02020003 which I believe is the COS5 file for my 2002 Camaro. The options are just blanked out!

Any ideas as to why????

COS 02020003 is "3"

What verison of the scan tool, and tuning tools are you running?

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Lifetime Member

I think I might have of found a problem. It says restricted to Personal on the version screen but I do have comerical. hmmm.
    click here for some reason it wouldnt let me post images inline with the reply

i just verified that my key, reg date, and serial number were all correct. :(
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Version Screen.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	1874  

The ( no cable) is a hint. Plug in your cable before opening EFI Tuning Tool.
    Y2K C5, M6, LS6 intake, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, 216/224 113 LSA, 5.3 Stage II heads. STS twins. COS

Lifetime Member

That was not the problem. I took the screen shot from the comfort of my own home.

Just to give to the benefit of the doubt. I just went outside and tried it with no avail. I loaded a 2020003 file and tried to program. It did nothing as the spots were blanked out. I just downloaded a 2020005 file in the stickey from outside. I did not disturb the cables. Opened it up. And the options were there..... I have no idea why it would let me flash this file and not the other one.

I switched back and the options were blanked out again. I don't get it.

There were some versions that were Personal (must have Commercial for COS and Full Flash) only but the window you are viewing is a generic window , I just looked at mine with the new V2 and it says the same thing and I can do COS full flashes .
    So you may have a Personal Version , you can upgrade to the Commercial Version .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

I got it to flash with the new file. Still blanked out with the other version I tried to use.

I spent hours going over the tables but the COS5 just makes my car run pig rich. I did read all relavant documention and checked anything that multipied fueling.

Post it up. someone might find what you have missed.

Lifetime Member

I think I know what is wrong, but I haven't had time to test it. I populated the TPE/VE table with 100% but didn't disable it. Now I have it disabled. I can't think of ANYTHING else it could be.

Now I got to find some time to wire a nitrous switch. enable that in the os. test it. get to the track. getting to the track has been the hardest part noooooo frrreeee timeeee
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

So I got it runable but still having issues. I have populated some of the cells in the open loop AFR table to ~14.7. Sometimes it will run leaner. To crosscheck this I ordered the PCM to run ~14.7 AFR in Scantool and the PCM was correct. I got some sort of weird multiplier messing things up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast