Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4l80e TCC problem

What vehicle do you have...?
    Does it have a manifold referenced fuel pressure regulator...?
    Agreed, VE table needs work.
    B3647:
    is too rich for cells < 90kPa;
    make right hand 2 or 3 cells the same value.

I have a 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L with a Magnacharger, 208/230 121lsa .600" cam, otherwise stock engine @ 9.5:1 CR. It does not have a vac referenced FPR. I worked on the VE quite a bit, it is close now and much smoother. I opened table B3647 and did not see a kPa row or column, I have a factor vs. ECT table that has only one column. I tried a 2004 2bar OS to make sure it was not a glitch in the 2005 2bar OS I was running. The results I am having are the same. Here are some logs and a new cal.
    Thank you again for the help,
    Henry
    Attached Files Attached Files

Set A0012, A0013 to 511.

Can you hear it pinging...?

Either it's pinging alot in which case your spark plugs would show signs of this (cearamic spotted/speckled/dotted with metallic/carbon material and/or ground electrode shows lots of colouring...)...

or it's noise picked up from valvetrain, pistons, bearings...

After looking for detonation in mine for ages I found it to be a leaking intake manifold. Dealer had left 2 bolts out of the upper section.
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

98 K1500 'HOLDEN' Suburban.
    Custom Whipple SC, Mercruiser Marine intake, 0411 PCM, 4L80E w/shift kit

joecar, it is definetly audible pinging. hquick, I can check the manifold/supercharger bolts for torque, no signs of a vaccum leak though.

I would try enrichening the 65kpa & up areas even more. Say @ 12.5:1 & see if it helps. Other than that I would think there is some other issue causing the problem. Like Hquick said possibly a vaccuum leak giving a lean cylinder or 2.

I had the plugs out about a week ago. The color was very light (maybe due to Methanol injection) and consistant between all the cylinders. I looked at them under a magnifying glass for spots, did not see anything that concerned me. The knock I am having has been all at partial throttle, I haven't really had a chance to bring the RPM or load up to 100% due to the knock.

Try reducing the ignition timing down (by maybe 5 degrees, say) and add a bottle of octane boost to the fuel tank... the point being to eliminate the timing and/or the gas from being the cause.

Make sure that the actual AFR sufficiently rich for the engine load when knock is detected.

I found a potential problem, I think. I logged the MAP output in the scan tool with the key on truck off and had 100kPa. I tracked the cell in the tuning tool on the VE, it showed me 400rpm (not running) and 30kPa. I started the truck, at idle the scan tool shows me 47kPa, the tuning tool tracks the RPM column up and down but is stuck on 15kPa row. If I stab the throttle and get up to 100kPa on the scan tool (and mechanical boost gauge to verify) I see the tracked cell sweep from 15 to 30kPa on the VE.

The tracked cell sits on 30kPa in the tuning tool with the key on truck off, while the scan tool shows 100kPa. I plugged the stock 1bar MAP back in and just set it on top of the manifold. I scaled the stock settings back in and turned the key on truck off. The scan tool showed me 99kPa and the tuning tool tracked the cell at 30kPa. I think there is a disconnect between what the PCM sees from the MAP, and what I see on the scan tool. Could this explain my problem, and how do I correct it?

Thanks
    Henry

In the scantool, under the PIDs tab, right click on MAP and select Metric; then under the Data tab check that MAP has units kPa;

Now log data and check that the tunetool's VE table's MAP value matches the scantool's Data tab's value of MAP.

Now you will have to start AutoVE again.

Also, if you run a 2 bar or 3 bar MAP sensor, there's a MAP scaler parameter that you have to change in the tunetool (I forget what its id is).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast