Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2002 Z06 Tune

lol... my Mrs. puts me into line immediately...

Lifetime Member

me neither... lol
    "Just a tune > yeah right !!!! "

Lifetime Member

I take no offense. I hadn't scrolled down on the list to the Z06 section.

I don't have a Z06, I have an 02 SOM SS M6 convertible & I've added 2002 Z06 ported heads & a cam. After a pro dyno tune the car didn't idle very well and was very rich - heavy black exhaust @ Wot. Had some stumbling issues too. I just want to compare the Z06 tune to my original and the dyno tune.

Anyhow, I'm just here trying to learn a few things and make my car run better.

Sounds like you used the wrong type of pro but the result is the same. You got screwed for your money.

Lifetime Member

I don't want to slam anyone.- nothing to be gained there. I just thought I might be able to make it better so I bought EFIlive and I'm reading and learning.

I have read some extensive posts about tuning the LS1/LS6 here & a few other sites & right now I figure I know just about enough to be dangerous. Nonetheless, utilizing some of the suggestions I've read here, idle and sumble are resolved for the most part. VE tables, MAF, and PE table and a bit of surge around 1500 rpms are a set of issues yet to be addressed.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SOMhaveit
    I don't want to slam anyone.- nothing to be gained there. I just thought I might be able to make it better so I bought EFIlive and I'm reading and learning.

I have read some extensive posts about tuning the LS1/LS6 here & a few other sites & right now I figure I know just about enough to be dangerous. Nonetheless, utilizing some of the suggestions I've read here, idle and sumble are resolved for the most part. VE tables, MAF, and PE table and a bit of surge around 1500 rpms are a set of issues yet to be addressed.
    Well, I have a 2002 Z06. Did you still need the file or did you find one?

Lifetime Member

Thanks for offering. There are several on holdencrazy and other members of the board have sent their tunes to me, so I am set with Z06 tunes & I have been morphing those parameters into my PCM.

Idle is better with the exception of a pesky little warm start glitch, and surge is almost imperceptible. I should have a Z06 maf next week some time & I'm going to install that with the Z06 oem maf table. I'm interested to see if that makes any difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12