Thread: Problems reading E38

Default Problems reading E38

I have a v1 efilive cable (flash scan serial#003601368982) and I am running the most current version of efi live as shown on your website (build 656). I am having problems connecting to a E38 pcm. It is a 2007 silverado high output 6.0L. I am unsure if there is a connection issue or if it is not supported or if it is a hardware issue but when i try to pull a tune i get the following error message " Efilive cannot communicate with the ECM. Disconnect Scan Tool if it is connected. Please Turn off the ignition, check all cables and connections, then turn the ignition back on and try again" then followed by the second error message stating "Connection to ECM has been lost Please check all cables, plugs, and connection, make sure the ignition is switched on, then try again." I have also noticed that the obd light on my black box does not light when connected to this vehicle. VIN for the vehicle is 2GCEC13Y671529469.

Thanks,
    ..RJ..

V1 can not handle a e38 pcm.

A v2 is required. Call me and i can tell you how to upgrade to the latest cable asap if needed via the online store@ www.efilive.com
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."