Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HPTuners is fired. Please help me setup w/EFI Live

You probably already know that you can test drive the actual scan/tune tool software without having any hardware:
    http://store.efilive.com/download.aspx

If all you're ever going to do is tune your Z06, V1 is obviously more than adequate. However, down the road when stand-alone scanning and tuning is available for the V2, you may regret your decision to purchase V1. Unless your budget is really tight, I think it would be foolish not to step up to V2. That way, you'll be able to scan and tune every type of vehicle EFILive supports, and if you're so disposed, you can earn part or all of the cost back by tuning a few other vehicles. You can obviously do that with V1 as well, but V2 provides many more options.

For what it's worth, I have an '01 C5 with quite a few mods, running Custom Operating system 5. If you need some help with your '02, let me know.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Oh, and the custom OS's are free, as are the software updates (and the firmware updates).

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    Oh, and the custom OS's are free, as are the software updates (and the firmware updates).
    Tuners,

I sense a lot of open minds and great ideas from this forum.
    Glad to hear that about the operating systems. I like to experiment and this will allow me to do so without restrictions. I am the type of person that likes to constantly tune my car, trying new things as I go.

Lifetime Member

DONE. V2 FlashScan ordered. Thats probably the best $750 I've ever spent. To follow up with RoadRunner soon. Software looks real good. I downloaded a demo.

Quote Originally Posted by TFZ_Z06
    DONE. V2 FlashScan ordered. Thats probably the best $750 I've ever spent. To follow up with RoadRunner soon. Software looks real good. I downloaded a demo.
    You can say that again!

There's some tutorials if you feel like reading:
    http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx#downloads6

TFZ 06, Welcome to the 'family'! Once you're in, you can never get out...

Seriously, you've made a great choice and will find that the members here are knowledgeable, helpful, and always willing to share their experiences. out. It's a great forum.....You won't be dissapointed with your decision.

Congrats!

Lifetime Member

In so many cases, its hard to know who you are communicating with, so for the first time I thought I would introduce myself so that when I ask questions you guys would know sorta have an idea who I am. I think most people assumme a little too much on the internet.

I'm 45, have been tuning cars since 1974. My first car was an early 70's Chevy Truck w/283 my dad bought me. I rebuilt that engine from a pile of junk in the bed to include hand lapping the stock valves, etc. I later picked up a 69 Mustang, 68 Nova, 74 Duster, rebuilt then all, then entered the college years where I had to drive a FORD Pinto 4cyl to survive.
    (How did this happen? ) After my college years , I personally built several blown Mustangs ( 302(numerous), 351, 427 ), all of which I built and installed engines, trans,tuned, etc). In a few cases, I welded and mfg my own exhaust.

Finally getting tired of yanking engines twice a year, along comes the 03 Z06 and I had to have it. I knew by the design of the engine these motors had potential. I cam and headed it within 12,000 miles, then tuned it with LS1 Edit the only thing avail at the time. Now, I'm on my 2nd Z06, an 02. Its my favorite and I look forward to tuning it with EFI Live. My current setup is
    TFS Heads, Kooks Headers and Comp Cam. Its put down 450/424 up to this point.

I have a good working knowledge of tuning these cars by using LS1 Edit and HP Tuners, but I can see by looking at the EFI Live software and users commments on this site, that is going to improve dramatically.

At heart, I'm a mechanical junky. I will take anything apart and try to make it better. I love tampering w/the tuning just to see results (hopefully more hp!) and I enjoy reading detailed posts about other tuner's success and cars, ideas, etc.

Get ready for some NOOB questions! Thanks to the guy who linked the tuturials. That was interesting reading that I'm still looking at.

Paul B.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TFZ_Z06
    Paul B.
    Paul B? - now that's a good start

Regards
    Paul Blackmore
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast